WEIRD or ODD Eggs pics!!!! :)

Pics

So this hen has been laying a brown egg with white\light cream/lavender splotches. In some of the pictures I put Welsummer eggs next to them for comparison. I was wondering if anyone had any idea the generic coding or just simply how. I've never heard of a hen laying an egg with whitish pigment on it.

I find eggs with the dark spots on them. I thought at first that it was blood, but it doesn't wash off easily even if soaked in water for a few minutes. I guess that the dark and white speckles are extra bloom? I think the speckled eggs are quite nice for a change. Like a little artistic effort went into them
wink.png

I find eggs with the dark spots on them. I thought at first that it was blood, but it doesn't wash off easily even if soaked in water for a few minutes. I guess that the dark and white speckles are extra bloom? I think the speckled eggs are quite nice for a change. Like a little artistic effort went into them ;)  

I definitely do like them, I love the variety they add. I was just so curious as to how:)

I've had chickens a few years now, and I've seen some unusual eggs, but I have to say that this is a first...

I've had hens in the past lay two-tone eggs, where the pigment runs out as they reach the end, but never have I seen an egg with its light spot set off to the side like this, nor to have such a large, starkly different patch of color (or lack thereof!)

I've had chickens a few years now, and I've seen some unusual eggs, but I have to say that this is a first...
I've had hens in the past lay two-tone eggs, where the pigment runs out as they reach the end, but never have I seen an egg with its light spot set off to the side like this, nor to have such a large, starkly different patch of color (or lack thereof!)
Same here I have gotten some pretty unusual eggs over the years too, but I haven't gotten any like that. The egg in the middle is the smallest I have ever gotten. It is about the size of a jelly bean.The egg is quite tiny, the picture doesn't do it justice. I still have it. I was very surprised when I found it in a nest box. It is perfectly shaped. Many times fart eggs are a bit darker in color than the other eggs.
The first egg is a regular fart egg and the egg on the far right is a regular large egg. I put the eggs next to a quarter and a dime for size comparison.

Anyone know what causes this? Its not a crack. Not that I can feel. I tried to get a decent regular pic Look above the shadow, and then the candled one. The look with out the light reminds me of what a leaf looks like after a lil worm has gotten to it. Any ideas?

Anyone know what causes this? Its not a crack. Not that I can feel. I tried to get a decent regular pic Look above the shadow, and then the candled one. The look with out the light reminds me of what a leaf looks like after a lil worm has gotten to it. Any ideas?

I would be interested too as I get this also...

Back
Top Bottom