WEIRD or ODD Eggs pics!!!! :)

Pics
I found this in a nesting box. It was slimy and solid an feels like rubber.there was an egg yolk in the straw next to this. Is this ok or should I be looking for a sick chicken?

I found this in a nesting box. It was slimy and solid an feels like rubber.there was an egg yolk in the straw next to this. Is this ok or should I be looking for a sick chicken?
Could be a 'lash egg' and is usually a sign of infection in the reproductive tract.

Could be a lash egg. I wouldn't worry unless you bird doesn't act right. Most people who raise chickens will get an odd egg at one time or another.

Found this odd egg in the nesting box this afternoon. I've had some funny shaped ones in the past, but this takes the cake. Any ideas as to why this happened? My girls have been laying for about six months and seem to be in good health.

Found this odd egg in the nesting box this afternoon. I've had some funny shaped ones in the past, but this takes the cake. Any ideas as to why this happened? My girls have been laying for about six months and seem to be in good health.
Some one had a hiccup. Every once in a great while you may get an odd egg. I have had similar but not exactly like it.

I see you have been a member for awhile
welcome-byc.gif
maybe lurking some. Good luck and have fun...

Shell gland glitch, incomplete shelling.....looks like the chalazae sticking out.
Hopefully a one off.

Not sure if this would qualify as a odd egg or not but, I started a thread awhile back that my Production Red Billy was 32 weeks old and had not started laying while her sister Tilly had been laying since the 3rd of Dec. Well, I collected this egg (only been one a day up to now) and there were two eggs in the nest, not counting the fake one. When I picked it up it had a shell, was light brown, but felt just like the fake brown eggs I got at the feed store (the fake on I had in the nest was white). I thought maybe my three year old had put one of the fake brown ones in the nest. So, I went into the garage and there were my two fake brown ones laying on my work bench. So Billy laid her first egg yesterday at 33wks old. This egg is light brown, but has a very chalky coating on it. Tilly, her sister never had one like this, but they did start out light like this one. I am not sure if it is normal inside or not.

This second pic has Tilly's on the left and Billy's (new layer) on the right.

Not sure if this would qualify as a odd egg or not but, I started a thread awhile back that my Production Red Billy was 32 weeks old and had not started laying while her sister Tilly had been laying since the 3rd of Dec. Well, I collected this egg (only been one a day up to now) and there were two eggs in the nest, not counting the fake one. When I picked it up it had a shell, was light brown, but felt just like the fake brown eggs I got at the feed store (the fake on I had in the nest was white). I thought maybe my three year old had put one of the fake brown ones in the nest. So, I went into the garage and there were my two fake brown ones laying on my work bench. So Billy laid her first egg yesterday at 33wks old. This egg is light brown, but has a very chalky coating on it. Tilly, her sister never had one like this, but they did start out light like this one. I am not sure if it is normal inside or not.

This second pic has Tilly's on the left and Billy's (new layer) on the right.
Not odd really...bloom can change day to day, especially in a new layer.

Back
Top Bottom