weird question...

Chicabee19

Songster
11 Years
Aug 8, 2008
n/a
When we were in China, we saw (or heard about) people eating some really weird things.

- 100 year old eggs (ok, maybe they weren't really 100 yrs old)

- Tiny little song birds the size of your thumb, and their teeny eggs (never saw a song bird flying in the city where we lived)

- Dog
sickbyc.gif
(I saw only 4 dogs the whole time we lived in a city of 6 million people)

One thing we did not see or hear about was people eating chickens that had not yet hatched.

Is there such a "delicacy" anywhere in the world do you think?

Last edited:
I assume you mean fertilized eggs with actual baby chicks inside?
I recall seeing on tv some culture that does consider unhatched duck eggs as a delicacy, but I am not sure about chickens.

I get grossed out watching the Andrew Zimerman Bizarre Foods. The things people eat in other cultures. Yuk, Im Soooo glad I was raised here in the States.

OK 2 yrs ago where I lived for 18yrs in the city in which I own& live at the 12 rental apt. property with my family and me and my son where very close to a few Cambodians families that live UP THE STREET in the next 2 property’s houses up from ours , in which over that time we came acustom to the way they lived ---- they foods they ate and there believes ,,,,,, and even how they had to live there vs here in the USA , For the most part they where really cool and good hard working people just different then us .

I have seen them eat various foods and animals which for me and my son didn't try all but I have try some of there foods and styles of cooking of meals

FOR ONE ; Yes they do eat lots of foods or animals that we all so call Americans won’t eat , but I have see us eat some pretty gross stuff to ;

they do eat eggs with fully developed chicks in side of the eggs just before they would catch .

some do eat cats and /or dogs still as of yet
they do eat lots of rice- noodles and fresh sea food
they eat corn grill or cook over an open fire , and lots of fresh vegetables .

I guess where they came from they had to do what it took to survive and they food source was what was .

Me and my son would spend lots nights on the summer week-end at there house or outside yards where they live and it was like a big feast / party and a family get to-gether all would bring food and drinks and you had to eat and be merry with them in there culture if not it was an insult to them , so I and my son did eat some of the crazy stuff in which I told all never and mostly never tell me what I was eating if they wanted me to respect them and there ways , I never whated to know what I was eatting if it was good I ask for 2nd's if not oh welll .

I find a lot of different cultures have they ways in living and there foods in which they eat that we do not eat or believe is right or wrong -----

that's what makes us all different as human beings and a living mind –soul –n- heart .............. we are the same but in different ways

AL.

OK 2 yrs ago where I lived for 18yrs in the city in which I own& live at the 12 rental apt. property with my family and me and my son where very close to a few Cambodians families that live UP THE STREET in the next 2 property’s houses up from ours , in which over that time we came acustom to the way they lived ---- they foods they ate and there believes ,,,,,, and even how they had to live there vs here in the USA , For the most part they where really cool and good hard working people just different then us .

I have seen them eat various foods and animals which for me and my son didn't try all but I have try some of there foods and styles of cooking of meals

FOR ONE ; Yes they do eat lots of foods or animals that we all so call Americans won’t eat , but I have see us eat some pretty gross stuff to ;

they do eat eggs with fully developed chicks in side of the eggs just before they would catch .

I guess where they came from they had to do what it took to survive and they food source was what was .

Me and my son would spend lots nights on the summer week-end at there house or outside yards where they live and it was like a big feast / party and a family get to-gether all would bring food and drinks and you had to eat and be merry with them in there culture if not it was an insult to them , so I and my son did eat some of the crazy stuff in which I told all never and mostly never tell me what I was eating if they wanted me to respect them and there ways , I never whated to know what I was eatting if it was good I ask for 2nd's if not oh welll .

I find a lot of different cultures have they ways in living and there foods in which they eat that we do not eat or believe is right or wrong -----

that's what makes us all different as human beings and a living mind –soul –n- heart .............. we are the same but in different ways

AL.

AL.

thanks AL for the nice story about your neighbors.

I really love other cultures and know quite a few of the Hmong people from the Vietnam/Cambodia area. They really did have it rough. I'd eat all those things too if I were starving.

We really miss seeing all the different races where we live - it's mostly Norwegian/German people around here, and often quite prejudiced. My husband's was one of the first bi-racial family in his small town near here.

One of the refreshing things about visiting the city is seeing all the different races mingling happily together.
smile.png

hehe i think you hit Submit to many times

yes when Iposted this it said the site was temp. haveing trouble so I try it again by the 3rd. time it went through so did all the other times LOL STICKY KEYS​

Back
Top Bottom