weird question...

Chicabee19

Songster
11 Years
Aug 8, 2008
n/a
When we were in China, we saw (or heard about) people eating some really weird things.

- 100 year old eggs (ok, maybe they weren't really 100 yrs old)

- Tiny little song birds the size of your thumb, and their teeny eggs (never saw a song bird flying in the city where we lived)

- Dog
(I saw only 4 dogs the whole time we lived in a city of 6 million people)

One thing we did not see or hear about was people eating chickens that had not yet hatched.

Is there such a "delicacy" anywhere in the world do you think?

Last edited:

LilBizzy

Chicken Storyteller
11 Years
May 20, 2008
Maryland
I assume you mean fertilized eggs with actual baby chicks inside?
I recall seeing on tv some culture that does consider unhatched duck eggs as a delicacy, but I am not sure about chickens.

I get grossed out watching the Andrew Zimerman Bizarre Foods. The things people eat in other cultures. Yuk, Im Soooo glad I was raised here in the States.

DaKid

Songster
11 Years
Aug 31, 2008
Berkley , Ma.
OK 2 yrs ago where I lived for 18yrs in the city in which I own& live at the 12 rental apt. property with my family and me and my son where very close to a few Cambodians families that live UP THE STREET in the next 2 property’s houses up from ours , in which over that time we came acustom to the way they lived ---- they foods they ate and there believes ,,,,,, and even how they had to live there vs here in the USA , For the most part they where really cool and good hard working people just different then us .

I have seen them eat various foods and animals which for me and my son didn't try all but I have try some of there foods and styles of cooking of meals

FOR ONE ; Yes they do eat lots of foods or animals that we all so call Americans won’t eat , but I have see us eat some pretty gross stuff to ;

they do eat eggs with fully developed chicks in side of the eggs just before they would catch .

some do eat cats and /or dogs still as of yet
they do eat lots of rice- noodles and fresh sea food
they eat corn grill or cook over an open fire , and lots of fresh vegetables .

I guess where they came from they had to do what it took to survive and they food source was what was .

Me and my son would spend lots nights on the summer week-end at there house or outside yards where they live and it was like a big feast / party and a family get to-gether all would bring food and drinks and you had to eat and be merry with them in there culture if not it was an insult to them , so I and my son did eat some of the crazy stuff in which I told all never and mostly never tell me what I was eating if they wanted me to respect them and there ways , I never whated to know what I was eatting if it was good I ask for 2nd's if not oh welll .

I find a lot of different cultures have they ways in living and there foods in which they eat that we do not eat or believe is right or wrong -----

that's what makes us all different as human beings and a living mind –soul –n- heart .............. we are the same but in different ways

AL.

DaKid

Songster
11 Years
Aug 31, 2008
Berkley , Ma.
OK 2 yrs ago where I lived for 18yrs in the city in which I own& live at the 12 rental apt. property with my family and me and my son where very close to a few Cambodians families that live UP THE STREET in the next 2 property’s houses up from ours , in which over that time we came acustom to the way they lived ---- they foods they ate and there believes ,,,,,, and even how they had to live there vs here in the USA , For the most part they where really cool and good hard working people just different then us .

I have seen them eat various foods and animals which for me and my son didn't try all but I have try some of there foods and styles of cooking of meals

FOR ONE ; Yes they do eat lots of foods or animals that we all so call Americans won’t eat , but I have see us eat some pretty gross stuff to ;

they do eat eggs with fully developed chicks in side of the eggs just before they would catch .

I guess where they came from they had to do what it took to survive and they food source was what was .

Me and my son would spend lots nights on the summer week-end at there house or outside yards where they live and it was like a big feast / party and a family get to-gether all would bring food and drinks and you had to eat and be merry with them in there culture if not it was an insult to them , so I and my son did eat some of the crazy stuff in which I told all never and mostly never tell me what I was eating if they wanted me to respect them and there ways , I never whated to know what I was eatting if it was good I ask for 2nd's if not oh welll .

I find a lot of different cultures have they ways in living and there foods in which they eat that we do not eat or believe is right or wrong -----

that's what makes us all different as human beings and a living mind –soul –n- heart .............. we are the same but in different ways

AL.

DaKid

Songster
11 Years
Aug 31, 2008
Berkley , Ma.

AL.

Chicabee19

Songster
11 Years
Aug 8, 2008
n/a
thanks AL for the nice story about your neighbors.

I really love other cultures and know quite a few of the Hmong people from the Vietnam/Cambodia area. They really did have it rough. I'd eat all those things too if I were starving.

We really miss seeing all the different races where we live - it's mostly Norwegian/German people around here, and often quite prejudiced. My husband's was one of the first bi-racial family in his small town near here.

One of the refreshing things about visiting the city is seeing all the different races mingling happily together.

DaKid

Songster
11 Years
Aug 31, 2008
Berkley , Ma.
hehe i think you hit Submit to many times

yes when Iposted this it said the site was temp. haveing trouble so I try it again by the 3rd. time it went through so did all the other times LOL STICKY KEYS​

Top Bottom