Weird rumbling, vibrating sound at night- anyone else dealing with it?

We have train track and a GE plant... sometimes from the direction of the GE plant I hear this crazy noise... so low you can feel it yet so high you can hear it and it's like a jet engine... for while they weren't making engines there anymore but I think they are again now. Not sure. But it's only at night. And only sometimes, I've heard it twice in the last month or so? It'll start up like a jet engine... run for awhile, die down, then come back 5 minutes later. Sometimes it just goes on and on and you don't notice it as much. Then when you do notice it, it's enough to make you want to grind your teeth. They're about 7 miles away as the crow flies.

We're also 2 blocks from a set of double train tracks and I'll wake up at night because of the vibration. I only ever feel it when I'm in bed. I grew up on top of a hill that would catch the whistle blow loud and clear miles away, so I can sleep through that part. But it's freaky to wake up in a vibrating bed! So subtle you wonder if you're crazy or not.

But I didn't feel the east coast earthquake when a lot of other people here did. Weird.

I've been experiencing this strange phenomenom for years now. But only since I've moved to this house, say 18 years ago. On and off and always during the middle of the night. My bedroom is upstairs and my bed is right near a window. It would wake me up out of a deep sleep and I'd be laying there going "what is that?" A loud hum that just drones on and on and on..........I'd be thinking...."does anyone else hear that, or is it just me?"

One day I was out in my backyard and my neighbor happened to be right out there and he was telling me he complained to the township of the noise....I said "what noise?" " that weird humming in the middle of the night" - WHOA well, I'm not the only one hearing this..... I"ll tell you though, I was "off" for a day or two after a night like that, and I don't know if it was lack of sleep (although I do that now, but that's menopause
hmm.png
) or just messed up from the vibrations.
hu.gif

I haven't heard this sound in years until a few weeks ago..........what a pain in the neck
smack.gif
It's a very low methodic sound that just either wakes you up enough to annoy you or you don't hear it at all.

I hear mechanical noises from nearby business loading up their wares with the trucks going beep beep beep backing up and such. And I KNOW those sounds, but......what is that "other" sound?????

I'm actually in the middle of a gas drilling frenzy and also have windmills about 20-40 miles away. Can actually see there lights. No vibrations here. There is even a gas well thats only about 1/2-1 mile away that's actually drilling right under the house. Biggest thing i'm woried about is that they destroy our water table since we use wells to get our water. The only time we ever felt any movement was when they were searching for the gas. They had explosives in a hole in a field next door but that was only for maybe 1-2 seconds. Hope your able to find out whats going on!

Please tell me some of you are still active! Ive had an attack that is on going currently it started almost 2days ago and at night i keep hearing that sound like its a plane or something. I live out in the country away from everything and no trains around me nor planes. Im also on a hill and it makes me shake. I asked my husband if he could hear it and he thought i was just tired and its not going away. It makes me feel like a new attack is starting and i get dizzy and ill. What is this??? I literally pulled up google and started searching this and found yall!!!!! What are the odds??

Please tell me some of you are still active! Ive had an attack that is on going currently it started almost 2days ago and at night i keep hearing that sound like its a plane or something. I live out in the country away from everything and no trains around me nor planes. Im also on a hill and it makes me shake. I asked my husband if he could hear it and he thought i was just tired and its not going away. It makes me feel like a new attack is starting and i get dizzy and ill. What is this??? I literally pulled up google and started searching this and found yall!!!!! What are the odds??
7 year old thread, opening poster hasn't been on BYC in 6 years. But his is a common occurrence sometimes there is an explanation that's easy to find sometimes not.

I thought I was literally losing my mind until I stumbled across someone else who is going through the same thing. There's a noise at night, its such a low frequency you can hardly hear it some nights, and it causes our bodies to feel like they're vibrating inside like a tuning fork. Its causing horrible panic attacks- numbness, nausea, shaking, terrors... its absolutely awful. We've been tested for MS, had MRi's and CAT scans, gone by squad thinking we're having strokes and/or heart attacks. I've followed it some 20+ miles one night when it was particularly loud, my dad was able to hear it and feel it. It actually shook the car when I stopped.

The stress is causes our bodies is exhausting- anyone who has stress or anxiety disorders would understand the physical toll of a single panic attack- let alone nightly ones, or ones that literally last for days at a time. We've been sleepless for days on end with this thing. Its just horrible.

We have no idea what it is. Its almost like a jet plane in the distance, or a freight train far far off- it rumbles and cycles. wooooomwooooomwoooooomwooooom. it is absolutely horrible. There's videos that we found online of similar noises- i guess there was one during an oreols game in florida, and other states too. Its been on the news in other areas, but they dont know what it is. Iam thinking maybe there's a wind farm some place that just opened or something. Its only been going on since august.

Anyone else? Anyone?
I get this too, pretty much exactly as you described and its torturous.

anyone else?
Just stumbled on this thread while searching for an explanation of this noise. I've been hearing it for years, at all times of the day. Sometimes it is barely noticeable but other times I hear it above my tv or radio. Recently, it has changed from like a distant bass of a nonstop car stereo to a rumble... like a huge clothes dryer in the sky tumbling clothes along with a shoe. Strange thing, nobody else I know can hear it. Hope you're still getting notifications for this. God bless.

I thought I was literally losing my mind until I stumbled across someone else who is going through the same thing. There's a noise at night, its such a low frequency you can hardly hear it some nights, and it causes our bodies to feel like they're vibrating inside like a tuning fork. Its causing horrible panic attacks- numbness, nausea, shaking, terrors... its absolutely awful. We've been tested for MS, had MRi's and CAT scans, gone by squad thinking we're having strokes and/or heart attacks. I've followed it some 20+ miles one night when it was particularly loud, my dad was able to hear it and feel it. It actually shook the car when I stopped.

The stress is causes our bodies is exhausting- anyone who has stress or anxiety disorders would understand the physical toll of a single panic attack- let alone nightly ones, or ones that literally last for days at a time. We've been sleepless for days on end with this thing. Its just horrible.

We have no idea what it is. Its almost like a jet plane in the distance, or a freight train far far off- it rumbles and cycles. wooooomwooooomwoooooomwooooom. it is absolutely horrible. There's videos that we found online of similar noises- i guess there was one during an oreols game in florida, and other states too. Its been on the news in other areas, but they dont know what it is. Iam thinking maybe there's a wind farm some place that just opened or something. Its only been going on since august.

Anyone else? Anyone?

Hi, I’m experiencing this on occasion and found your post as a result of online search. I live in low pop rural Wyoming and in the middle of the night there is low frequency noice that I feel vibrating in my ears and head. I hear and feel equal in both ears, and feel in window pane as well. It wakes me up and sometimes wakes my little ones but not my spouse. It causes bad dreams for my kids. It lasts for more then an hour disrupting my sIeep have no idea what it is. Did you ever solve your case? Thanks

Anyone else? Anyone?
I’m in Tacoma, WA and am up at 2:50am in the morning and I start hearing and feeling these sounds/vibrations. The sound is very faint like explosions in the far distance but you can definitely the vibrations and I can even hear my house rattling a little. I thought I was going crazy but it didn’t stop, so I got up and started timing them to see how long in between each sound. It was about 10 seconds in between the 1st and 2nd sound I recorded, 20 seconds between the 2nd and 3rd, maybe 4 seconds between the 3rd and 4th and then I just stopped because I wanted to go outside and see if I could see/hear/feel it better but then they just stopped. So weird! We’re near a military base and they’ve been doing a lot of flying even late at night so I thought it could be them, but this was the first time I ever experienced this.

Back
Top Bottom