Weird thing in poop

Found this in poop it’s not moving and I just dewormed them with safeguard .25ml per pound for 5 days two days ago.
No photo came through. If it looks like a dead worm, it could be. That means the dewormer did its job. It can take a few days to clear everything out.

No photo came through. If it looks like a dead worm, it could be. That means the dewormer did its job. It can take a few days to clear everything out.
My bad forgot to post it

Attachments

• CAFDFD3E-4417-424D-A32F-652C368A3671.jpeg
    CAFDFD3E-4417-424D-A32F-652C368A3671.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
To my (not super experienced) eye, that looks more like intestinal shedding/tissue, but I'm not sure.
It does a little, I need a stick to poke at it. It could be Cecal, but there does appear to be some unprocessed seed in that pouch looking area near the top. @Jose11632 did it smell bad? There doesn't appear to be any blood or mucous, it's compact and not watery, no really weird colors. I don't see anything in the poop alone that immediately concerns me, but the whole picture can only be developed with additional information.
Hen or Roo?
Age?
Acting Normal, eating normal, other poops normal?
Were the worms an actual diagnosis or was it preventative?

You literally put pesticide through their system for 5 days. Shedding some intestinal lining isn't cause for concern on its own. Try to observe your chicken and as many poops as you can for the next day or so. Put a piece of cardboard under their roost tonight to make a quick poop board. If you see blood (you'll know it) or they're acting sick, call a vet or report back here if you can't access a vet.

It wouldn't hurt to give them a little poultry booster or other vitamin in their water for a few days. No ACV because their system is already irritated, and the weather is getting hotter. If you don't have any vitamins, cook them a couple of scrambled eggs (NOT theirs, they just got wormed) and give them some fresh veggies. Try to limit the fatty seeds and nuts, and mealworms for at least a week, too much fat also isn't fun for a recovering intestinal tract in mammals or birds!

It does a little, I need a stick to poke at it. It could be Cecal, but there does appear to be some unprocessed seed in that pouch looking area near the top. @Jose11632 did it smell bad? There doesn't appear to be any blood or mucous, it's compact and not watery, no really weird colors. I don't see anything in the poop alone that immediately concerns me, but the whole picture can only be developed with additional information.
Hen or Roo?
Age?
Acting Normal, eating normal, other poops normal?
Were the worms an actual diagnosis or was it preventative?

You literally put pesticide through their system for 5 days. Shedding some intestinal lining isn't cause for concern on its own. Try to observe your chicken and as many poops as you can for the next day or so. Put a piece of cardboard under their roost tonight to make a quick poop board. If you see blood (you'll know it) or they're acting sick, call a vet or report back here if you can't access a vet.

It wouldn't hurt to give them a little poultry booster or other vitamin in their water for a few days. No ACV because their system is already irritated, and the weather is getting hotter. If you don't have any vitamins, cook them a couple of scrambled eggs (NOT theirs, they just got wormed) and give them some fresh veggies. Try to limit the fatty seeds and nuts, and mealworms for at least a week, too much fat also isn't fun for a recovering intestinal tract in mammals or birds!
One of my chickens looked like she was gonna die she had worms in poop so I bought safeguard gave everyone since he hangs out with everyone she looked the sickest all the others looked normal 9 months, poops are normal big brown with a splat of white they eat layer feed with 10% cracked corn along with some grit, and they are laying normally.

Wormers are not pesticides. They work by anesthetizing the worms so they are then absorbed or pooped out.

However, a heavy worm load can send a chicken into shock so care should be taken to treat with fluids and electrolytes if the chicken appears weak and wobbly after worming.

That looks like intestinal lining shed. It would have helped to place something next to it for scale so we would know if it's a lot or a tiny bit. Watch for more of it in a large amount. If you see substantial amounts of shed in many poops, the chicken may have an infection in the intestines and may need an antibiotic.

Don't see any worms but that doesn't mean that isn't a problem. I've never seen an intestinal shed like that. Usually there is poo. There is none. It kinda looks like a pre-stage lash egg or something bacterial to me.

Don't see any worms but that doesn't mean that isn't a problem. I've never seen an intestinal shed like that. Usually there is poo. There is none. It kinda looks like a pre-stage lash egg or something bacterial to me.
There was poop i took it out from it since I thought it was a worm and the chickens where going to eat it out of curiousity

Back
Top Bottom