Weird tiny balls on EE egg-- what is this?

Lol @ Beekissed... oh dear!
lol.png

Minnie, too many treats, really? 10 hens, one dinner plate of chopped lettuce (rejected stuff from the garden), a couple of scoops of yoghurt and some oats. I figure they'd eat more than that if they foraged all day, which unfortunately they can't do. They do have regular feed in the bin. I've read around and will cut down on yoghurt though, especially during winter... save some $ :)

Stilldeb-- Cute names! I wonder if certain breeds do it more often. My others haven't. First time for everything I guess!

I seem to find more egg abnormalities after winter slow down has ended and they are ramping up to their peak season...sort of like getting the kinks out of the system and flushing the tubes. Weird eggs appear and then finally everything evens out.

This will also happen with old gals who are puttering near the end of their laying life and they start to put out double yolkers, soft shells, malformed and oddly colored eggs.

I once blew out an egg that looks like it was perfectly striped all around like someone had dyed it for Easter, kept it for awhile on my windowsill until the sun bleached out the pretty design.

How funny about the striped one!

Well, she laid another one of these with the tiny beads again last evening!
hu.gif

She's the only one who does this. All have been normal until the other day... she's only been laying for 5 months though.

I have a Light brahama hen named sophie, who lays wrinled eggs which are shaped like jellybeans. :p
Edited to add:
Also my hens sometimes lay those kind of eggs :p

Last edited:
my chickens always have little calcium deposits an their eggs. speaking of a hard time getting the egg out, one of my hens' had to be put down because of the egg. the egg had gotten stuck in her ''tube'' thingy and she laid the egg anyway, so, she basically laid her innards. Boo hoo hoo
hit.gif

I just got the other day an egg like that with the little white dots on it and did not know what it was. It was layed by a EE and someone replyed to me it was calcium deposit. I feed them gamebird started grower and they have extra oyster available at all times

One of our chickens has exactly the same phenomenon of the tiny beads, just like the photo. I'm not bothered by it, more fascinated, but there is an additional aspect that is quite annoying. There are more of these little beads INSIDE the egg, in the egg white, and it's really impossible to get them out, so when you eat those eggs, you inevitably get this crunch of eating eggshell. So I'd like to 'heal' my chicken of this condition, but I don't see any suggestions here how it could be changed. Any ideas?

I found this on one of my eggs yesterday and thought it was bug or worm eggs. They will rub off so they're not quite like calcium deposits.

The last two months one of my chickens started laying eggs with these tiny “egg” inside of them. I figured they were tiny undeveloped “egglets”.

Back
Top Bottom