Weird Weeping Egg!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by cheeptrick, Sep 26, 2007.

1. cheeptrick

cheeptrick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Found this egg in my shed...my girl looked TIRED! I think this is her first egg...Wheaten colored EE 23 weeks old.
    [​IMG]
    The egg looked like 2 eggs joined together in the center and was weeping egg white from its pores! Very Weird...
    ALSO a double yoker!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 26, 2007
  2. chickenworld

chickenworld Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2007
    WOW! Yummy, that looks good can't wait till my first egg! Congrats!!!!![​IMG][​IMG]

3. cheeptrick

May 1, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Definitely a BLUE egg too!
    [​IMG]

4. BigMama

BigMama Out Of The Brooder

Apr 10, 2007
    I found an egg like this a couple of weeks ago in my nesting boxes. Ours was more narrowed in the center like an hour glass or a figure eight, like it didn't seperate all the way. Ours was a double yoke also, but it wasn't weeping like yours. [​IMG]

5. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Whew, when I read weeping egg I was thinking incubation and rotting!!! Good it was a good odd first egg thing instead!

6. barg

barg Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    At least yours was fully formed, my dominiques first one came out as two half formed eggs, they didnt weap they pourd.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2007
  7. Rafter 7 Paint Horses

Rafter 7 Paint Horses Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    East Texas
    Looked like it wasn't even egg shaped at all! I've had some like that. Mine didn't weep though. Maybe I got to them before they had a chance to start.
    I assume your girls have access to oyster shells for calcium and to build a better egg shell. I know some pullets take some time to get the egg laying down right.

I would like to suggest picking up the baling twine, though.
    Your chickens could get it wrapped around a leg or neck & it could really hurt them.

Jean

8. cheeptrick

May 1, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Thanks Jean...I beat you to it!
    This was the top of a full straw bale in my shed...my daughter left the door open and my hen wondered in!
    I scrambled the egg and fed it back to her...thought that was only fair! [​IMG]

9. Nichole77

Nichole77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2007
    Arizona
    It looks like a bar of soap.

10. cheeptrick

May 1, 2007
    New Hampshire
    This egg was 4.5 inches long...it was mammoth. I haven't had one since this one. BUT I am up to 7 eggs a day now! [​IMG]
    Gave away a dozen eggs this week...if felt GOOD! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by