Weirdly Thin Egg Shells

Feb 19, 2022
So I typically have consistent shells, but these eggs are smooshy. I just picked 5 eggs tonight, 2 wish have that smooshy situation I’m asking about. Does that mean I need to provide more calcium? I have them on a layer feed, but I’m interested in thoughts and advise. I’m posting a picture of the two eggs, one showing me smooshing it, and the other of the three good eggs.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    525.3 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    413.6 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    707.1 KB · Views: 3
So I typically have consistent shells, but these eggs are smooshy. I just picked 5 eggs tonight, 2 wish have that smooshy situation I’m asking about. Does that mean I need to provide more calcium? I have them on a layer feed, but I’m interested in thoughts and advise. I’m posting a picture of the two eggs, one showing me smooshing it, and the other of the three good eggs.
What is calcium content on your feed? Could be a springtime anomaly, or more likely nutrient deficiency. I don’t recommend oyster shell unless ground fine….crushed eggshells are fine typically if need extra calcium

What is calcium content on your feed? Could be a springtime anomaly, or more likely nutrient deficiency. I don’t recommend oyster shell unless ground fine….crushed eggshells are fine typically if need extra calcium
I’m using the Purina Gamebird feed (not starter, the one with the blue label), but I was considering Purina Layeba feed today from TSC. Should I switch them to that?

Wait... In the first post you say you have them on a layer feed.
Can I see the tag on the feed bag please?

Back
Top Bottom