Welcome to Chicken Owners Anonymous

That happens, I was going to get six hens and one rooster earlier, I came home with thirteen hens and one rooster, so I know how that goes.
I built my coop in 2020 and was going to get 6 silkies ,well then I saw the sultan bantams and the Cochins and the NN pullets. So that turned into 6 silkies 2 sultans 2 Cochins and 4 NN pullets
.sultans turned into mean cockerels they were either re-homed or soup . NN turned into mean hens they were re-homed. Cochins we're bullies re-homed . 4 Silkies we're killed . So that brings me to spring 2021 Bought 6 silkies 3 cockerels 3 pullets bought as straight run ,tried again bought at 4 months ended supposed to be 1 cockerel 3 pullets up 2 Silkie cockerels 2 pullets . Hatched off 4 under a Silkie broody they are 3/4 Silkie 1/4 Polish from the rooster I had to rehom
I also have 2, but I never named them.
I have two 5 month old Silkie cockerels Chili pepper and Big Bird

Hi my name is (redacted) and I got 10 Not Getting More Chickens chicks this year. Thank you for creating this safe space for me to share :p

Your chicks are adorable by the way :love
Thank you 😊 hello Orange welcome to COA do you have pictures . Feel free to share your chicken math addiction 🤣 I love seeing everybody's chicks/ chickens .

Agreed I would say I am not going to get more till some faid out but that would also be a lie....those stinkers got along so well with the adults and meshed well...
I never have an empty coop,but I would miss them . I don't even mind the mess of brooding them in the house ... Or the noise .

Back
Top Bottom