Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Does he play video games, perchance?

Yep.

Good morning, Pond! I think i have tennis elbow from holding my phone too much!:lau

I've got chronic tennis elbow from my mouse. It varies between annoying & excruciating.

I am very pro-gun.... but take guns and add a kid who has trouble with reality and trouble with showing normal facial expressions. .... well... bad combo.

I am too & I completely agree. They know that I'm pro-gun & that I love the kid. So they should realize I'm coming from a place of concern, but its probably easier for them to treat me like a snowflake than do anything about it.
An interesting thing I've noticed; My bro & sis don't make their kids do anything. (These 'kids' are between 17-28yrs) They don't do chores, they don't contribute food or rent, they don't even rinse off their own dish or throw a soda can away. Some of them don't drive, most of them don't work, all of them still live at home, one of them has a baby that my sis raises.... Then I look at my other sisters kid. When that sis was still alive she always made her young DD contribute to cleaning toilets, laundry, dishes, etc... That kid is now 20, goes to college full time AND has a full time job. She goes back & forth from living with roommates, to living with her dad, but she's very responsible, buys her own stuff, bought her own car...
I know everybody's different, but with the above in mind, I'm seriously considering adding to my kids chore list. :lau (Sorry, another novel.)

Just checking in All good for now But bad storms are about on top of us . I'll lose net soon for a while . I'll try and come back after the storms . With all that is going on with my family I'm constantly on the phone .Be careful all . :frow

Stay safe & hang in there Lisa, K & Rav. :hugs:hugs:hugs

Oh I did hear peeping and feel little legs under Cream this morning, but also a pipped egg, so I didn't bother her any more.

:wee:ya:wee:yesss:

Yep.

I've got chronic tennis elbow from my mouse. It varies between annoying & excruciating.

I am too & I completely agree. They know that I'm pro-gun & that I love the kid. So they should realize I'm coming from a place of concern, but its probably easier for them to treat me like a snowflake than do anything about it.
An interesting thing I've noticed; My bro & sis don't make their kids do anything. (These 'kids' are between 17-28yrs) They don't do chores, they don't contribute food or rent, they don't even rinse off their own dish or throw a soda can away. Some of them don't drive, most of them don't work, all of them still live at home, one of them has a baby that my sis raises.... Then I look at my other sisters kid. When that sis was still alive she always made her young DD contribute to cleaning toilets, laundry, dishes, etc... That kid is now 20, goes to college full time AND has a full time job. She goes back & forth from living with roommates, to living with her dad, but she's very responsible, buys her own stuff, bought her own car...
I know everybody's different, but with the above in mind, I'm seriously considering adding to my kids chore list. :lau (Sorry, another novel.)

:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs
Yer a great mom! And and caring aunt!
Try not to let it get to you. I know that's hard to do. But all you can do is talk to them, it's up to them to decide how they take it and what they do with it. :hugs:hugs:hugs
Prayers for you and your nephew and his parents! :hugs
Speaking of chores.. the gf has been busting butt all day helping me with housework with no prompting! :pop

Yep.

Ya know, so many parents complain about their grown kids taking advantage of them. But people can only take as much advantage of you as you will let them. I don’t blame the kids entirely. The parents allow it.

Ya know, so many parents complain about their grown kids taking advantage of them. But people can only take as much advantage of you as you will let them. I don’t blame the kids entirely. The parents allow it.

Oh I blame the parents completely, at least in my siblings case. I know other peoples situations are different, but my sis & I have talked endlessly about this. I tell her shes enabling them & doing them no favors, that they'll never learn how to 'adult' properly, etc... She says its just easier not to deal with it and do it herself. I ask her how they're gonna survive when she's dead & she just shrugs. (No ones ever accused me of being too subtle.)

Oh I blame the parents completely, at least in my siblings case. I know other peoples situations are different, but my sis & I have talked endlessly about this. I tell her shes enabling them & doing them no favors, that they'll never learn how to 'adult' properly, etc... She says its just easier not to deal with it and do it herself. I ask her how they're gonna survive when she's dead & she just shrugs. (No ones ever accused me of being too subtle.)
Being subtle can lead to big communication probs! :hugs
Often I'm too subtle and have to backtrack. That's not good.... But I'm working on it! :hugs

Back
Top Bottom