Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Yup.
Going to Google some and then just change names/dates/courses/grades and see what I come up with. I don't even know if the local jc wants anything other than a diploma. I should probably find out...
yeah ask them... they might just want her to take a placement test and nothing else.

That is what my eldest had to do.

totally! You get science, chemistry, environmental toxins, environmental clean-up.

GE?

As for the transcripts. .. most of it is just being careful with the course titles.

I just look through the list of high school classes that qualify for college scholarships and make sure I use THOSE course titles.

I am sure you can find one specific to your state (I am sure each state is different ) if you can't find one I think I can figure out how to post the one for Alaska.

Also some colleges require odd things now... like instead of or in addition to SAT they just want the kid to do these skills tests... forget the name...
GE - General Education requirements.

How're you doing, Deb? :hugs
not too good to day.... Long night Effed up the schedual for grandmas EEg appo9intmen. she didnt missit I just wrote it down for the wrong day.... not supposed to be April....

Then I ate something that decided I diddnt have a cast iron stommach and spent the night emptying my GI...

All better now. soon I go off to my Docs appointmen and explain why I have lost so much weight.... Dont know How I did that.... GI business is usually only good for five pounds.

dont even know wmy wieght before I started radiation....

Gotto go.

deb

not too good to day.... Long night Effed up the schedual for grandmas EEg appo9intmen. she didnt missit I just wrote it down for the wrong day.... not supposed to be April....

Then I ate something that decided I diddnt have a cast iron stommach and spent the night emptying my GI...

All better now. soon I go off to my Docs appointmen and explain why I have lost so much weight.... Dont know How I did that.... GI business is usually only good for five pounds.

dont even know wmy wieght before I started radiation....

Gotto go.

deb
:hugs:hugs:hugs
Hope the day gets better!:fl

yeah ask them... they might just want her to take a placement test and nothing else.

That is what my eldest had to do.
:fl She's not a scholar. She's an artist "in-the-rough". She was just fiddling around with an old piece of florist wire and produced this:
IMG_20180425_131137.jpg

:fl She's not a scholar. She's an artist "in-the-rough". She was just fiddling around with an old piece of florist wire and produced this:View attachment 1356799
yeah... it is tough when your kids are not "standard". :rolleyes: (achem, great art... very nicely done. )

My eldest ended up testing low on the math placement. ... just fine on English. So his first year of college he got to take 2 semesters of high school level math. :rant And ... C last semester... hopefully at least the same this semester. :fl He just can't remember math, and can't do it quickly, and doesn't want to put in the time that he should. :barnie

I dunno. The boy.... uh...... does not have a "normal " brain, but presents close enough to normal that people think poorly of him.... well.... whatever.

He has this week, next week is finals... then I fly him down to Texas for the summer. Kid wants to learn to sing. Remember he wants to be a Reader in the church (read responses and the gospels, chant some psalms, etc. during services), and be a priest when he is "grown", and his singing skills are ..... uh.... lacking. Anyway, my brother -in-law is a priest, and sings well, and there is a fancy accomplished chanter down there said he is willing to work with my kid. Told the chantor what to watch for with my kid... so hopefully my kid will learn lots. My brother-in-law is really good with my kid... so it should work. :idunno

yeah... it is tough when your kids are not "standard". :rolleyes: (achem, great art... very nicely done. )

My eldest ended up testing low on the math placement. ... just fine on English. So his first year of college he got to take 2 semesters of high school level math. :rant And ... C last semester... hopefully at least the same this semester. :fl He just can't remember math, and can't do it quickly, and doesn't want to put in the time that he should. :barnie

I dunno. The boy.... uh...... does not have a "normal " brain, but presents close enough to normal that people think poorly of him.... well.... whatever.

He has this week, next week is finals... then I fly him down to Texas for the summer. Kid wants to learn to sing. Remember he wants to be a Reader in the church (read responses and the gospels, chant some psalms, etc. during services), and be a priest when he is "grown", and his singing skills are ..... uh.... lacking. Anyway, my brother -in-law is a priest, and sings well, and there is a fancy accomplished chanter down there said he is willing to work with my kid. Told the chantor what to watch for with my kid... so hopefully my kid will learn lots. My brother-in-law is really good with my kid... so it should work. :idunno
That's so awesome he is getting the opportunity to do what he feels called to do..:love

Oh Amy that is no fun at all :hugs

I'm so sorry.

:love:love:love:love

I'm sorry Amy! :hit:hugs

Hello, Pond!
I actually get a break this morning.

@orrpeople - good job on fixing/cleaning/changing the swamp cooler thingie! When I take things apart, I usually have pieces left over when I get them put back together again. Sorry about your lost birds, though.

@room onthebroom - Wow! Excitement at your place! I’m glad they got the guy. I love police dogs, too.

@AmyPaperlady - sorry to hear about your FIL. The ambulance service I work on doesn’t generally allow passengers unless the patient is a child or infant.

@Fields Mountain Farm - I’m feeling much better today, thank you. For some reason, since surgery, cold, damp and windy weather makes my knees ache. I hope that goes away as things continue to heal.

@BYC910 - I hope you’re doing OK, K!

Have a great rest of the day, everyone!

:hugs

Thanks, everyone.

Oh, oh! Our friend, who is moving with us to Tennessee, has had 4 offers on his house! I think it's been listed less than a month... We need to finish getting ours ready to list--Faith will be running a yard sale the first weekend of May, and then there will be less furniture cluttering up the listing photos (and hopefully lots less clothes--I've already declared that all clothing will be free, since we want to get rid of it more than we want money for it. Maybe then some will actually leave the premises...) She'll get to keep some of the proceeds, and will likely put them away towards a better mic (unless the person that keeps commenting that they want to get her one actually does, as opposed to hypothetically wanting to--I have no problem with Faith being sent a mic to the ministry PO box...)

Back
Top Bottom