Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

And short story . How I Spent My Day.View attachment 1505471 Not so bad lets get a little closer View attachment 1505472 Not So bad lets dig a little deeperView attachment 1505469 View attachment 1505470 No flange the toilt and wax sealing ring sat right on the floor and leaked ruined the floor. Took me six hours to chip away the old and the new flooring back to the slab then another hour to cut out the broken flange pipe to replace it .And believe me when I say it was a chitty job :sick :lau And the customer bout stroked out when she saw it . Floor was only three years old .:confused:Told her year before last .when I unstopped it we needed to fix it. And it would only get worse. But the tenant needed a bath room :confused:Really pisses me off when I see this kind of thing even more so when the plumbing company is supposed to be one of the best in Nashville . And is for sure one of the most expensive. As is the flooring company . Or at least that is what the General contractor keeps saying ,and I'm just a ditch digger ;). I'll post pictures of what it is supposed to look like . And it won't leak again .

:th

And now for the sad story . I noticed DW was looking really sad last night , So I asked what was wrong . Wasn't good at all seems that a friend she works with and is very close too lost her husband night before last . I had met them three years ago at a company outing at a dinner theater . We shared a table . They paid for our drinks . Turned out Jason had worked with a couple of architects I knew from jobs I'd done . We talked the whole evening go figure . DW spoke to him every time he came to the hospital where they work really nice couple . When we gave them fresh eggs the first time he wanted to know if the blue ones were ripe .He was only 37 and just 3 days from his birthday :hitHe went to bed and just didn't wake up. Since no one has spoken to her, that is all we know . I know my heart breaks for his family. It is just one of those sad stories that puts life into perspective. There but for the grace of God go I. Early Thursday morning about 4 AM ,DW and I are going to drive down to Memphis to attend his funeral . It will be a sad day for sure . Live every day to it's fullest find a reason to laugh and smile . Leave a happy memory whenever possible for those we leave behind when it's our turn to go . And with that it's lights out :frow

:hugs such words of wisdom, you are a bright light, my dear friend and brother. :hugs to the DW too.

As much as I wanted to call bunny 'Foo', I was seriously out numbered. :hmm The kids had very different ideas. One of Frankies BYC friends unleashed an intense (but hilarious) campaign to name her Fluffles, but I knew the name Fluffles would never come out of my mouth, especially not 1,000x a day. Here's a glimpse of last nights family conversation;
Me: Foo.
Them: Fluffles.
Them: Patches.
Me: Egg.
Them: Star Lord.
Me: "You guys are killing my soul!"
Them: Bean.
Me: I could work with Bean.

By this morning we've all agreed her official title will be "Baby Fluffle Bean"
DD1 & I have been calling her Bean or Beanie. DD2 is calling her Fluffles. DD3 calls her Fluffle Bean.

As much as I wanted to call bunny 'Foo', I was seriously out numbered. :hmm The kids had very different ideas. One of Frankies BYC friends unleashed an intense (but hilarious) campaign to name her Fluffles, but I knew the name Fluffles would never come out of my mouth, especially not 1,000x a day. Here's a glimpse of last nights family conversation;

DD1 & I have been calling her Bean or Beanie. DD2 is calling her Fluffles. DD3 calls her Fluffle Bean.
Y0ou can still call her Bunny Foo Foo.... and see which one sticks.

:gig animals usually find a name for themselves anyway.

My Grey hound was named Chase when we got him... My then Three year old son named him Pow Choe... He wound up naming himself Dogs.

deb

My dogs (& one of the guinea pigs) have a lot of nicknames. The funny part is they know what their nicknames are. :lau Meatball has by far the most. He was the only one that we got from a breeder. They were show dog people & said that because of his lineage we should put an official tile on his paperwork. We officially titled him Sir Meaty Meatsalot. The breeder wasn't impressed, but we've stayed in contact & I think I've grown on them. ;)

My kid #3 let me sleep in... then served me homemade pancakes and a cup of coffee in bed. :love
Thats so awesome! :love

I like Bean..:lau
Hey Lisa! I've gotta run (deworming birds today) but if I don't see you later, have a GREAT trip & send us pictures. :hugs

PS. When did you say your coming back?
Thanks Room! :hugs
I will deffinetly post pics!:D
We're leaving here at 6 tomorrow morning and will be heading back next Thursday. :D

Back
Top Bottom