Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

The DH just came in with some good news. The power crew is now working on replacing poles and lines just a mile down the county road from us. Since we are actually on the end of the grid from the north and not where the lake area that is still an official disaster zone, things are looking up! There is still a couple poles, some downed wires and one transformer that needs replacing on our short road, but, we could still possibly be back up tomorrow or the next day!!! :clap
Oh, and that heavy equipment noise is probably the national guard was able to bring in their "toys" from Fort McCoy.
We are so special we even had a visit from our new Governor yesterday. Of course he flew in on his private chopper. Gave us the "we're here for you" speech and flew off again. He didn't even bother to grab a chainsaw and pretend to help. Just as well. If he had gotten a sliver he would probably just have added chainsaws to his list of things he's determined to ban. Can you tell how "loved" he is? Even most of the
:duc that voted for him last year already wish he would just fly away. ;)

Last edited:
@perchie.girl !!! (Deb)
tho I haven't been commenting much, I've been closely following your journey .:highfive: Way to go!!! :fl I hope the difficulty with the breathing is just at lack of fuel as your body adjusts to burning a new energy source and you regain some of your "get up and go". Can't wait til next spring when we can see the pics of you flying along on your horse!

Morning pond! Life has been CRAZY here lately. I guess summer does that. I may have went off the deep end, and we now have 14 chickens! We just added 8 more babies, well they are about 2 months old. They are this and that, polish, cochins, a wyandotte, some mutts, oh I just love them. The new coop is done and all the old ones are in it, new ones are all together in the small old coop. Now I hope my chicken fix is satisfied and we can just get used to life together for a while. :)

appx 80 down.... still working on my walking.... Very short of breath right now...

But I am now managing full bariatric... I got to eat stuffed grape leaves and Crab salad today... with hearts of palm... Gotto love the salad bar at Sprouts.

One salad lasted me three meals....

deb
:hugs:hugs:hugs

Now for the not so happy news. Been chatting online with the DH's oldest daughter (the nurse) and she told me she is down in the city (she lives in the UP of MI) with her mom who appears to have entered the final stages of Alzheimer's and is slipping away. She had been in a wonderful nursing home and doing well where she could even have her little dog but was just recently kicked out when her personal money ran out and tho they had been originally promised this wouldn't happen, was told they had no opening for someone just on Medicare at this time and she would have to go. She is now in an ok one but the move, losing her little companion, etc. seems to have been the tipping point. Anyway, the hospice team is coming in to talk to the daughter this morning and prepare to switch over to palliative care. She's already lost the ability to swallow and dropping weight quickly so we are most likely looking at another funeral in the near future. The daughter feels horrible but can't bring mom home with her because they just moved her mother-in-law in with them less than two months ago. A very healthy senior for her age but no longer able to live completely on her own (his dad passed away several years ago). Anyway, still no power, house is a mess with power cords running everywhere, gardens are a loss, I'm supposed to go for specialized training for the 2020 census on Thursday, can't expect any of DH's boys or grandsons to come help dad with the cleanup with mom/grandma dying, and we're looking at another roadtrip for a funeral most likely very soon. Oh, and did I mention our 25th wedding anniversary was yesterday and we were supposed to have left on our mini celebration trip yesterday morning? :th
Ok, I'm done, feel better, back to counting my blessings! :D

Morning pond! Life has been CRAZY here lately. I guess summer does that. I may have went off the deep end, and we now have 14 chickens! We just added 8 more babies, well they are about 2 months old. They are this and that, polish, cochins, a wyandotte, some mutts, oh I just love them. The new coop is done and all the old ones are in it, new ones are all together in the small old coop. Now I hope my chicken fix is satisfied and we can just get used to life together for a while. :)
I am soooooooooo glad I was able to keep myself from going off the deep end this year. What a mess that would have been! So happy for you tho! Ok, soooo, where's the pics???

Vote just passed today...... to fire tenured professors.

Sigh

We won't know if spouse gets cut for maybe a month... but if yes... I think our health insurance immediately stops. Not clear.

I have savings... but only enough savings and income to float us all for a year???? :idunno

Unless we move.... then I could cover everything. Well.... still no health coverage.

-sigh-
Oh, Al... can’t like that!

Sigh

We won't know if spouse gets cut for maybe a month... but if yes... I think our health insurance immediately stops. Not clear.

I have savings... but only enough savings and income to float us all for a year???? :idunno

Unless we move.... then I could cover everything. Well.... still no health coverage.

-sigh-
:(:(:( :hugs life just sux sometimes don't it. :rolleyes:

Cute video, nice looking rack-to-be

Yeah... they keep coming to play in my pond...
Do they do much damage at the pond or just hang out for a soak?
Good to see you again
Good to see you too! :frow
appx 80 down.... still working on my walking.... Very short of breath right now...

But I am now managing full bariatric... I got to eat stuffed grape leaves and Crab salad today... with hearts of palm... Gotto love the salad bar at Sprouts.

One salad lasted me three meals....

deb
Way to go! :highfive:

Sigh

-sigh-
Oh no.. Im sorry. I hope it all works out ok for y'all! :fl:hugs

The DH just came in with some good news. The power crew is now working on replacing poles and lines just a mile down the county road from us. Since we are actually on the end of the grid from the north and not where the lake area that is still an official disaster zone, things are looking up! There is still a couple poles, some downed wires and one transformer that needs replacing on our short road, but, we could still possibly be back up tomorrow or the next day!!! :clap
Oh, and that heavy equipment noise is probably the national guard was able to bring in their "toys" from Fort McCoy.
We are so special we even had a visit from our new Governor yesterday. Of course he flew in on his private chopper. Gave us the "we're here for you" speech and flew off again. He didn't even bother to grab a chainsaw and pretend to help. Just as well. If he had gotten a sliver he would probably just have added chainsaws to his list of things he's determined to ban. Can you tell how "loved" he is? Even most of the
:duc that voted for him last year already wish he would just fly away. ;)
Oh i hope they get the power on soon! :fl
Welcome to chicken math! :gig
Now for the not so happy news. Been chatting online with the DH's oldest daughter (the nurse) and she told me she is down in the city (she lives in the UP of MI) with her mom who appears to have entered the final stages of Alzheimer's and is slipping away. She had been in a wonderful nursing home and doing well where she could even have her little dog but was just recently kicked out when her personal money ran out and tho they had been originally promised this wouldn't happen, was told they had no opening for someone just on Medicare at this time and she would have to go. She is now in an ok one but the move, losing her little companion, etc. seems to have been the tipping point. Anyway, the hospice team is coming in to talk to the daughter this morning and prepare to switch over to palliative care. She's already lost the ability to swallow and dropping weight quickly so we are most likely looking at another funeral in the near future. The daughter feels horrible but can't bring mom home with her because they just moved her mother-in-law in with them less than two months ago. A very healthy senior for her age but no longer able to live completely on her own (his dad passed away several years ago). Anyway, still no power, house is a mess with power cords running everywhere, gardens are a loss, I'm supposed to go for specialized training for the 2020 census on Thursday, can't expect any of DH's boys or grandsons to come help dad with the cleanup with mom/grandma dying, and we're looking at another roadtrip for a funeral most likely very soon. Oh, and did I mention our 25th wedding anniversary was yesterday and we were supposed to have left on our mini celebration trip yesterday morning? :th
Ok, I'm done, feel better, back to counting my blessings! :D
So sad. :hugs
Happy Anniversary! I hope you can take that trip soon. Sounds like the 2 of you could deffinetly use the time away for a bit..:fl:hugs

Good morning Pond Peeps..:frow

Back
Top Bottom