Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

If someone ever proposed to me There would be a sonic Boom on the Way to vegas and what ever the other people in the Wedding Drive through Chapel were wearing would be fine with me.... Then a Big ass Potluck at my place Later I have a huge courtyard with a place for a table and Barbecue.... Steaks and Chicken... and onions and potatoes. And maybe hot dogs... The Rest is the pot luck.

They can go any time and there is room for Campers, Tents and Places in the house to park about twenty one people if they are friendly. LOL

Sunrise in the Desert is awesome... And I have a Very nice telescope available if my son would loan it to me. I have an observatory spot already picked out... by then it will have a deck With some Day Bed style out door couches.

So You all Are invited Come what may... One day. I have a few friends in Jacumba a Boat load of Third and fourth Cousins... All in California some in Northern California.. those will come I am sure... Normally the drive from Northern California is about Ten hours. They can make it here in about six... Crazy people.

deb
We’re invited?? Just give me a couple days’ heads up so I can pack.

Now that is Very exciting.... Does Daughter In Law know how to Can? That would be a great start for the garden...

deb
DIL does not know how to can. I am looking forward to teaching her.
Those are great photos! The last 2 are so bad... that they get ny vote! :lau

Ah.. and bride wants Romanian peasant dress, with huge spanish lace veil. So total mashup of cultures there.
Ya know, if the bride wants to wear the peasant dress with the Spanish lace, that’s a non-issue to me. Now the 10am - 4am required attendance.... THAT would be a battle I might fight. And no food until midnight? That’s a big uh-uh for me.

Well yeah...totally!

I had a new idea... I CAN HIRE ACTORS!!! :lau

Turns out you can hire people for as little as 15 bucks an hour... way less money than the airfare, I can hire an entire set! :lau :gig Maybe I should skip the drag queens... :lau
That’s a great plan!

:th So yeah... I guess my kids do listen to me. :gig
And don’t you hate it when they turn around and use your words against you?

I don't attend funerals or weddings. If they open my casket they will say "she's NOT here! The world will be worried stiff(appropriately) wondering where/when I will pop UP.
No bars or box can contain my spirit. However, I don't plan on haunting anyone just keeping an eye on the goings-on!.;)

Last edited:
DH & I first got married in cut offs at the JOP. It was a planned event, but no one other than my BFF knew about it. She drove down here, brought me flowers & took pictures. Afterward she sat on the roof of my house with me while I got extremely drunk (yes, I used to drink back then) & listened to me panic all night over what I had just done. Being a good friend she drank with me & confirmed that I had indeed just ruined everything & that nothing would ever be the same. DH sat on the porch drinking by himself & calling all his friends back east to tell them he had just got married & his new wife had already left him.

GOOD TIMES!!! :lau That was 25yrs ago this April.

Since then we've had the beautiful, backyard wedding in the tux & big, white dress. We've been married in jeans & blazers by an Elvis impersonator in Vegas, & we've been married by a Friar at a Ren Faire. My BFF (same one as on the roof) says that if we ever get divorced, we'll have to do it 4x.

All of those times sound like fun!

Does the Elvis one count as "destination wedding"? :cool:

Ooooh! Did you both wear ren faire almost naked outfits?

:lau No. :gig We’re a pretty conservative couple. Though I don’t know what, if anything, DH was wearing under that kilt. :confused:
EA54ACD4-9158-43FE-A217-2540B48E88F1.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom