Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Top of the afternoon Pond folk.Internet via hotspot is worthless ,mid afternoon .Lost all my quotes. Feel like a horse kicked me today.Made it to DG for milk .Saw one of my sisters there .We were the only ones wearing a mask.Called another ,she is the one who is in charge of the sunrise breakfasts. That isn't going to happen this year.Younger sister has had to stay at work .County said her school had to cook meals for the free lunch students .Need eggs got about eighty dozen I need to move. Tried to donate them ,nobody will take them .not the food pantries or the shelters either.If I went and got store bought they would .Started calling family members to give them away . :th Going to put some adds on CL later. Feeding more and more to my dogs.They are happy to eat them .Guess I'll go walk and feed and gather eggs and feed and water .Bound to be at least one goat stuck in the fence.I'm so bored :barnie:th
Wish I lived closer to you, K. I’d come get some for hatching. I ordered chicks from Hoover’s Hatchery for May delivery, but I emailed them a week ago, asking if I can still expect them. No answer, so I tried calling yesterday, got a recording that led me to another recording telling me to leave my name, number and a brief message and they’d “get right back” to me. Nothing yet. I have a rooster, but I can’t tell if he’s doing his duties or not. Haven’t seen him in action, and he’s still walking crooked. He’s also quit jumping up on the roost. I have a friend from school who is selling egg. Maybe I’ll get a few dozen from him for incubating.

Wish I lived closer to you, K. I’d come get some for hatching. I ordered chicks from Hoover’s Hatchery for May delivery, but I emailed them a week ago, asking if I can still expect them. No answer, so I tried calling yesterday, got a recording that led me to another recording telling me to leave my name, number and a brief message and they’d “get right back” to me. Nothing yet. I have a rooster, but I can’t tell if he’s doing his duties or not. Haven’t seen him in action, and he’s still walking crooked. He’s also quit jumping up on the roost. I have a friend from school who is selling egg. Maybe I’ll get a few dozen from him for incubating.
Ack.... sounds like you need a new rooster....

I have a few, :lau

MORNING FRIENDS :caf

1586004244932.png

Ack.... sounds like you need a new rooster....

I have a few, :lau
We are finally down to one rooster per breed that I like. I still have a pretty big mish-mash of hens, but only have the Black Copper, the Swedish Flower, the 55 (although I don't really like them all that much), the Silverrud's, and the Bielefelder (who's fertility is quite questionable - they get to be such massive, uncoordinated dudes as they age).
I keep getting people asking if I have chicks (prepping for the apocalypse), so @BYC910 , hopefully people are just as silly there and you'll sell a ton of babies!

I threw a dozen in an incubator a while back, just to see if they'd do anything. If I remember right, they should hatch tomorrow or Monday, if they hatch at all. Temp running a degree or two high...danged Hova-a-bator touchy as ever... may start popping today.

Back
Top Bottom