Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Spouse is upset with me.

-sigh-

Eldest...y'know, the 21 year old.... finally decided to try and get a driver's license.

But he has not been practicing enough....

Anyway, so this afternoon, I spent 6 hours driving with him... and at one point I texted spouse asking if it was ok if the kid and I ate while we were still there in town... but spouse thought I was saying that I was getting food for everyone!

Kid and I didn't get home until 8.... and no food.... spouse hungry, grumpy, etc.

Blah

Also... because of covid the driver's test is in the big town 2 hours up the road.... spouse wanted to go with kid to go shopping at the same time. (Big town = more selection).

I explained that kid was super stressing, if we had xanax in the house... well.... that would be a good choice for spouse....

Spouse tends to be too impatient with the kid. The problem is that spouse is so "normal", can't fully understand kid's issues and so has no patience with any of kid's issues.

Poor kid.

He is WAY better now at driving, BUT, even though I do think he would have a 70% chance of passing the test if it were here in town, I am worried that taking the test in that huge (for us) city and he will fail or maybe even wreck.

I dunno.

They even have round-a-bouts up there... he has never tried to drive on one of those!

And they have multiple lane roads with TRAFFIC!!!!

But I discussed it with him, he was thinking he will just try, if he fails then he will be better prepared next time.

I also told him to tell the tester that 1. He is freaked, and 2. We never go to the city, so he hasn't been able to practice up there.

Spouse is upset with me.

-sigh-

Eldest...y'know, the 21 year old.... finally decided to try and get a driver's license.

But he has not been practicing enough....

Anyway, so this afternoon, I spent 6 hours driving with him... and at one point I texted spouse asking if it was ok if the kid and I ate while we were still there in town... but spouse thought I was saying that I was getting food for everyone!

Kid and I didn't get home until 8.... and no food.... spouse hungry, grumpy, etc.

Blah

Also... because of covid the driver's test is in the big town 2 hours up the road.... spouse wanted to go with kid to go shopping at the same time. (Big town = more selection).

I explained that kid was super stressing, if we had xanax in the house... well.... that would be a good choice for spouse....

Spouse tends to be too impatient with the kid. The problem is that spouse is so "normal", can't fully understand kid's issues and so has no patience with any of kid's issues.

Poor kid.

He is WAY better now at driving, BUT, even though I do think he would have a 70% chance of passing the test if it were here in town, I am worried that taking the test in that huge (for us) city and he will fail or maybe even wreck.

I dunno.

They even have round-a-bouts up there... he has never tried to drive on one of those!

And they have multiple lane roads with TRAFFIC!!!!

But I discussed it with him, he was thinking he will just try, if he fails then he will be better prepared next time.

I also told him to tell the tester that 1. He is freaked, and 2. We never go to the city, so he hasn't been able to practice up there.

Oy! 🤦‍♀️
Can you go early & practice in town a while before the test?

Oy! 🤦‍♀️
Can you go early & practice in town a while before the test?
I am planning on sticking my head in the sand and pretending that nothing is happening.

They need to leave too early in the morning... hoping to get there in time for an hour or more practice in the big city.

Back
Top Bottom