Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

I haven’t had anything unusual happen other than one of the buff Orpingtons they sold me grew up to be a leghorn. :eek:
Over the years I’ve heard a lot of similar stories associated with them. Plus all to many “the birds had an empty waterer” stories too. In this store the birds looked healthy & I looked to see they all had water. I bet it’s similar to Walmart. In different areas you get your good ones & in others you get your bad ones. :confused:

Man, I sure know how to pick days to do my projects :rolleyes: It's 88 out and oppressively humid. Right on the day I planned to start building my stacked quail cage.

But progress is still happening:

Nnk9R485bxKKLK9vAtR42jeBc2-LiqfCYJeJbImV5J3pyccAhOZGXxF5SAR3g3hLDb455PgWRJgA56_gRxwc5AygwNQKlbnqdIwZA5-qt-eYMIIZpKuX9lVCOP9s2mV5iJWY5bsqLnSxGGjuwXMDfxr61HkOBWMEMIpOZUydB4cfxHQwayLZx8--Iz5M92aGwrMc2mTqgYK9TfpJpVaAFNfZ2oZLYXa7vaERbsfvGqUU1JmgTSqrre9dOWwFbYa8974KMDnGw9nBQUyLduyb4bmGdXZT-WU0g7rvbQOuh9-CAxXQ2F5VWhlxa8QmwHYgCJUaaLRhwu4Eo96fUNbHDls_ojqZerCs1aZfcO9w-KIXFSqSVeplrNEIKJsncUEVmE0BjkFse3SMll3J5KNeU1xeWCbcKQY7YsTBuIwPTT2tqAjS3mb1pAOt6wGtxx1wcEa7Vikfn36jS-XNBMOAXvbo01RCBBmVr-sEodgGd0mD3Ar-YmXqXgOL0FVdYzxOH_h-JzReRYfLZSJjrOlP2MONYGCYvHhcSZjILyRBbMpb4QxuxY23m5PPMJ3OlJTCCZAXCyNRZrh6d2CgJm5CoGVwn44cC0CZgYwUggoq0ZRIVs_-gevbOt_hpH1MN24rDc-VrhexVvqJqTZq3TinYk_sZzhB2llH7lJ_ur7WN_Ql8wk59aCrvo86-AbH6Q=w703-h937-no

I just caught a juvenile opossum in one of the rat traps. It didn’t die. Poor thing was out there crying & trying to pull the trap off it’s head. :hit (F words! F words! F words!) I had to assassinate it. (Horrid! Horrid! Horrid!) I know they’re predators, but this just sucked!

I’m jumpy & freaking out. If I wasn’t going to hell before, I certainly am now. Pretty sure I’m about to be haunted by the ghost of this opossum & that dang snake I purposely ran over a couple years ago.:hit

I don’t know what to do. I can’t have rats & mice running rampant here, but what if it was something bigger like a raccoon or a coyote paw? I can’t discharge weapons here.
Well....

I still love ya! :hugs

Man, I sure know how to pick days to do my projects :rolleyes: It's 88 out and oppressively humid. Right on the day I planned to start building my stacked quail cage.

But progress is still happening:

Nnk9R485bxKKLK9vAtR42jeBc2-LiqfCYJeJbImV5J3pyccAhOZGXxF5SAR3g3hLDb455PgWRJgA56_gRxwc5AygwNQKlbnqdIwZA5-qt-eYMIIZpKuX9lVCOP9s2mV5iJWY5bsqLnSxGGjuwXMDfxr61HkOBWMEMIpOZUydB4cfxHQwayLZx8--Iz5M92aGwrMc2mTqgYK9TfpJpVaAFNfZ2oZLYXa7vaERbsfvGqUU1JmgTSqrre9dOWwFbYa8974KMDnGw9nBQUyLduyb4bmGdXZT-WU0g7rvbQOuh9-CAxXQ2F5VWhlxa8QmwHYgCJUaaLRhwu4Eo96fUNbHDls_ojqZerCs1aZfcO9w-KIXFSqSVeplrNEIKJsncUEVmE0BjkFse3SMll3J5KNeU1xeWCbcKQY7YsTBuIwPTT2tqAjS3mb1pAOt6wGtxx1wcEa7Vikfn36jS-XNBMOAXvbo01RCBBmVr-sEodgGd0mD3Ar-YmXqXgOL0FVdYzxOH_h-JzReRYfLZSJjrOlP2MONYGCYvHhcSZjILyRBbMpb4QxuxY23m5PPMJ3OlJTCCZAXCyNRZrh6d2CgJm5CoGVwn44cC0CZgYwUggoq0ZRIVs_-gevbOt_hpH1MN24rDc-VrhexVvqJqTZq3TinYk_sZzhB2llH7lJ_ur7WN_Ql8wk59aCrvo86-AbH6Q=w703-h937-no
That looks amazing! How are you doing this? Do you use power tools? Is anyone helping you?

I want to spend a few days at Natalie’s & have her teach me how to use her power tools so I’m not afeared of them.

That looks amazing! How are you doing this? Do you use power tools? Is anyone helping you?

I want to spend a few days at Natalie’s & have her teach me how to use her power tools so I’m not afeared of them.

Yep, I've got power tools :) You could definitely do it without power tools, it'd just take a lot longer. My Dad is helping by holding things when I need an extra hand, but otherwise it's all me, haha.

I do all my own building. My Dad helps when I need it, but I've built all my coops, pigeon loft, emu barn, etc, myself.

Power tools aren't scary once you're used to them! Okay, I don't like the table saw, I'll admit. But a drill isn't scary at all, and miter saws aren't bad once you're used to them. Those are the two main tools I use.

Don't forget to hydrate

Looks good so far

I am guzzling water, and taking lots of breaks inside in the A/C. Next part is building the wire flooring, which I'll do inside, aside from cutting the wood, so that'll be nice.

I just caught a juvenile opossum in one of the rat traps. It didn’t die. Poor thing was out there crying & trying to pull the trap off it’s head. :hit (F words! F words! F words!) I had to assassinate it. (Horrid! Horrid! Horrid!) I know they’re predators, but this just sucked!

I’m jumpy & freaking out. If I wasn’t going to hell before, I certainly am now. Pretty sure I’m about to be haunted by the ghost of this opossum & that dang snake I purposely ran over a couple years ago.:hit

I don’t know what to do. I can’t have rats & mice running rampant here, but what if it was something bigger like a raccoon or a coyote paw? I can’t discharge weapons here.
:hugs

Roomy if you think your going to hell for that I am in big big big big trouble. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom