Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Hello and happy weekend fellow ponderers :frow

@Alaskan huge hugs to you (are you going to have your transportation outside the church with the motor running tomorrow so you can make a fast getaway?)
I decided that we just couldn't....

I know I spent all of that money to come down and show my support to the bride...

But my support of my son comes first.

And this has been way too hard on him. Attending the wedding would be bad for him. I guess I could go by myself... but this has been way harder on me than i thought it would be..

So, after much thought, we are taking a hard pass.

As a result of that decision, we had a truly good day today.

We drove down to Galveston, kid 2 swam about for a bit, kid 1 baked on the beach, i waded up past my knees. Then we walked the beach together trying to find cool shells without occupants.

We had the grandest time.

We drank huge smoothies, several waters, and were still a bit dehydrated. :idunno

I almost got the coolest car ever (did I mention, the rental car rolled off the assembly line in March of 2020???) stuck in the sand... because, FYI even a 4-wheel drive jeep has trouble getting out of soft deep sand.... if you forget to take off the emergency brake. :rolleyes:

And... the kids look great, MY biological kids... a bit of darker color on kid 2... can't even tell kid 1 was in the sun.... but me? Yes, genetic parent of those children.... well... I now make red tomatoes look unripe. :lau

Good grief!!!! And... my left side is brighter red than my right... the joy of sun streaming in through the car window as I drove. So you look at me head on... uneven red on my shoulders..

Kid 2 passed out in the car driving back.. i thought his poor head was going to bobble itself off of his neck. He was sleeping so soundly... then listed towards the middle of the car... his entire head flopping ... but being on the freeway I couldn't adjust him.. kid 1 was so zoned... he didn't know to help.

Ah well... great day.

And... when both kids came to, I asked them what they wanted to eat.... crazy... i forgot the joys of a huge city... ANYTHING that you decide you want to eat... you can eat! :eek:

The Electra Report:

The keurig is officially dead & I've somehow disabled the stall feature that shuts the truck off when you’re at a red light. (I hope it’s just disabled & not broken. There’s a crazy amount of electronics on these new cars & if I break his truck he’s going to be pissed.:rolleyes:)
Well, I don't like keurigs, so.. eh.....

Busting the truck though... :oops: do try to avoid that. :hugs

I know I spent all of that money to come down and show my support to the bride...

And this has been way too hard on him. Attending the wedding would be bad for him. I guess I could go by myself... but this has been way harder on me than i thought it would be..

We drove down to Galveston, kid 2 swam about for a bit, kid 1 baked on the beach, i waded up past my knees. Then we walked the beach together trying to find cool shells without occupants.

We drank huge smoothies, several waters, and were still a bit dehydrated. :idunno

I almost got the coolest car ever (did I mention, the rental car rolled off the assembly line in March of 2020???) stuck in the sand... because, FYI even a 4-wheel drive jeep has trouble getting out of soft deep sand.... if you forget to take off the emergency brake. :rolleyes:

And... the kids look great, MY biological kids... a bit of darker color on kid 2... can't even tell kid 1 was in the sun.... but me? Yes, genetic parent of those children.... well... I now make red tomatoes look unripe. :lau

Good grief!!!! And... my left side is brighter red than my right... the joy of sun streaming in through the car window as I drove. So you look at me head on... uneven red on my shoulders..

Kid 2 passed out in the car driving back.. i thought his poor head was going to bobble itself off of his neck. He was sleeping so soundly... then listed towards the middle of the car... his entire head flopping ... but being on the freeway I couldn't adjust him.. kid 1 was so zoned... he didn't know to help.

Ah well... great day.

And... when both kids came to, I asked them what they wanted to eat.... crazy... i forgot the joys of a huge city... ANYTHING that you decide you want to eat... you can eat! :eek:
You do what is best for your boys with the full support of people who adore your kids with all of their wonderful talents & quirks. 🥰

I’m so glad you got to make some great memories today! Ya know, lemonade from the lemons & all that. 🤗

Ah well... great day.

Sounds like an awesome day, with great memories being made! I'm so happy you and the boys were able to do that.

Good Sunday morning everyone
COFFEEDRINKER.gif

@Alaskan this is for you!
A beautiful clear 45o F here this morning!!! It will be light jacket time soon. Earlier A morning mist rolling back across the field and into the woods, retreating down to the creek ahead of the sunrise. The chickens still sleepy as they tumbled out of the coop looking for their breakfast. The deer made me laugh as the fawns came running out of the fog in their daily game of tag while the does strolled into view, staring at me and wondering if I would let them sneak a snack from the apple tree.

Good morning Pond folk - pull up a lily pad and set a bit.

Ah well... great day.

@Alaskan, well done. :hugs Glad that you and the boys had a great day - thanks for sharing the story.

Back
Top Bottom