Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

chickisoup

one Blessed chick
Premium Feather Member
Oct 21, 2013
northern exposure Wisconsin
Good morning Pond.
Morning Sir Sour :frow
very "crunchy" on this end of the pond this morning. Kicked over the water bucket and it was frozen to the bottom, sigh. Guess 17o will do that to water.

Oh great!!!! Must be Monday! :smackWhen did we get all the "other" stuff besides the regular BYC emojis? 🐶🐱🐭🐹🐰🦊🦝🐻🐼🦘🐧🐣🐥🐓

Last edited:

Alaskan

The Frosted Flake
Premium Feather Member
Jul 26, 2008
Kenai Peninsula, Alaska
My Coop
As for my internet...

I think maybe I managed to charge it....

I think the charging port is messed up... took me forever to get it to charge last night. I charged it while it was turned off... haven't yet tried it today to see if it will turn on and function.

But I like being able to watch stuff at night...

@chickisoup crazy internet excitement you had.

As to the emojis.... uh... a few months back????

Alaskan

The Frosted Flake
Premium Feather Member
Jul 26, 2008
Kenai Peninsula, Alaska
My Coop
Al, I see the peninsula is in a tsunami warning. Glad you live on higher ground. Stay safe!
:lau

What a joke!!!!

Earlier this summer we got a warning, all cell phones buzzed, our house phone rang with a warning too... and the first place hit got a tsunami of... (insert drum roll) was it two inches?

Whatev'

This time, the first place hit (which was 5 hours before we were to be hit), got a whopping (insert drum roll) 4 feet!

So yes, 4 feet sucks and will do damage to boats in a packed harbor... but if we are 5 hours away... there is no way we will get that much....

So... life goes on.... :idunno Way less exciting than the news says... but kess excitement is good...

Our big in town thing, is one more covid case and the schools will go from 1/2 open to fully closed.... :th

And they are being super careful....

bobbi-j

Enabler
Mar 15, 2010
On the MN prairie.
:lau

What a joke!!!!

Earlier this summer we got a warning, all cell phones buzzed, our house phone rang with a warning too... and the first place hit got a tsunami of... (insert drum roll) was it two inches?

Whatev'

This time, the first place hit (which was 5 hours before we were to be hit), got a whopping (insert drum roll) 4 feet!

So yes, 4 feet sucks and will do damage to boats in a packed harbor... but if we are 5 hours away... there is no way we will get that much....

So... life goes on.... :idunno Way less exciting than the news says... but kess excitement is good...

Our big in town thing, is one more covid case and the schools will go from 1/2 open to fully closed.... :th

And they are being super careful....
I’m glad it wasn’t a big deal.

Despite covid cases going up here, our school just this week has gone back to all in-person (except for the ones who have chosen distance learning). The theory is that the kids are safer in school than when they’re not in school. No matter how careful a school is, you can’t control what they do out of school. Kids will wear their masks all day, and at 3:15 walk out the door, pull off their masks and pile 4 or 5 into a car.

Top Bottom