Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Right on! :clapThat’s more than I thought you’d get. I can’t wait tell we get some on our house. We’re pretty conservative with the electricity, but my bill would still make you barf.
It blew my mind actually, they told us even with all of the modern improvements it was something like 2 days in June make the same amount of energy as the entire month of January.

The joy of being so far north.

And our electric bill is huge, we have 3 fridges, 1 deep freezer, a welder... and lots more

I want solar panels but NOT on the house. Id rather they built an array that would cover the chicken run. I also want a couple of Windmills. The vertical kind that spin no matter the wind direction.

Here it is wise to place the batteries in a climate controlled space. Well insulated and ventilated. Therefore the battery bank will go in a cargo trailer. I don't particularly want to sell back to SDG&E. Just don't want them to pry into my business.

I really dont need solar... just me in the house my bill is no more than 125 I dont have an exorbitant amount of electrical devices. The Refrigerator and freezer will be most of that bill. I use a wood buring stove to heat the house. And a single Oil heater for the bedroom. Its a radiator and once it comes up to temperature turns off. The oil stays hot a very long time and the Electric turns on when it cools down

The one I have can heat a sixteen by twelve bedroom to the point I get too hot and have to turn the temperature down some.

Jewlry making takes only a good light to see by and a butane torch to either solder or create decorative elements.

And Occasional use of a polishing wheel.

deb

Right on! :clapThat’s more than I thought you’d get. I can’t wait tell we get some on our house. We’re pretty conservative with the electricity, but my bill would still make you barf.
We wanted to get a bunch of panels several years ago, when Solarex was offering them for free. Then one of the company's engineers said there was a soft spot in the roof that wouldn't support the weight of the panels. Imagine that! Of course they could have fixed it, for a fee. I smelled a rat. We can pay electric bills a long time for what they wanted to beef up the roof.

Back
Top Bottom