Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

My girlfriend husband Thought it was a good idea to drop their daughter off here sick and not say a word .. she's sick as heck.... my Bobbie has MS bad and of course you all know about my health issues... so i now have 2 real sick people here and he dropped her off at Bobbies parents house now they are both sick....... I'm not a happy camper.
That is horrid

:hugs

Hi Ponders :frow
thought I would let you all know I'm still kickin'. All's well on the homestead. Just two old fogies stayin' clear of town when we can and working on getting ready for the white stuff and kind of missing the summer visitors.

Things were getting better with the virus, but thanks to the idiots not giving a $%^& about anyone but themselves and the fools re-opening the schools, the numbers are climbing again and far faster than before. The governor just issued a new mandatory mask mandate until the end of November and a lot of things went back into lockdown in the populated areas.

Had two nights of killing freeze down in the 20's so that's the end of the growing season so I was able to get the garden put to bed. Crazy weather, we hit 80o today. We need rain.

DH has been working on the mess left by the loggers close to the house. It's just a huge horizontal pile of limbs and debris but he's whittling it down. Not easy for him. He's not 60 anymore and his knees are shot so bad he can barely walk but he refuses to quit. Just can't keep a good man down. He's otherwise sound as a dollar, well, except he can barely hear. Finally got him to get hearing aids and they help a lot, when he wears them. :rolleyes:
I surprised him yesterday with a small chainsaw that works on batteries for cutting up the piles of smaller stuff. It works perfect and no gas to fool with and it's a lot lighter than that big gas thing he gave up on and resorted to loppers and a hand saw. The saw cuts like a big guy on the small stuff and he worked all afternoon on one battery charge but I also bought another battery that has triple the charge. I'll be using it too for all the pruning that needs to be done on the trees left around the house and out in the field. (that's my job because I worked doing that for extra cash a million years ago)

Sorry about your situation Al. Phil hang in there and try to not get sick yourself.
Glad to hear your progress Deb!

That's it here in God's northwoods. Blessed far more than we deserve.

Hi Ponders :frow
thought I would let you all know I'm still kickin'. All's well on the homestead. Just two old fogies stayin' clear of town when we can and working on getting ready for the white stuff and kind of missing the summer visitors.

Things were getting better with the virus, but thanks to the idiots not giving a $%^& about anyone but themselves and the fools re-opening the schools, the numbers are climbing again and far faster than before. The governor just issued a new mandatory mask mandate until the end of November and a lot of things went back into lockdown in the populated areas.

Had two nights of killing freeze down in the 20's so that's the end of the growing season so I was able to get the garden put to bed. Crazy weather, we hit 80o today. We need rain.

DH has been working on the mess left by the loggers close to the house. It's just a huge horizontal pile of limbs and debris but he's whittling it down. Not easy for him. He's not 60 anymore and his knees are shot so bad he can barely walk but he refuses to quit. Just can't keep a good man down. He's otherwise sound as a dollar, well, except he can barely hear. Finally got him to get hearing aids and they help a lot, when he wears them. :rolleyes:
I surprised him yesterday with a small chainsaw that works on batteries for cutting up the piles of smaller stuff. It works perfect and no gas to fool with and it's a lot lighter than that big gas thing he gave up on and resorted to loppers and a hand saw. The saw cuts like a big guy on the small stuff and he worked all afternoon on one battery charge but I also bought another battery that has triple the charge. I'll be using it too for all the pruning that needs to be done on the trees left around the house and out in the field. (that's my job because I worked doing that for extra cash a million years ago)

Sorry about your situation Al. Phil hang in there and try to not get sick yourself.
Glad to hear your progress Deb!

That's it here in God's northwoods. Blessed far more than we deserve.
Great update... except for the march towards the winter solstice.

My girlfriend husband Thought it was a good idea to drop their daughter off here sick and not say a word .. she's sick as heck.... my Bobbie has MS bad and of course you all know about my health issues... so i now have 2 real sick people here and he dropped her off at Bobbies parents house now they are both sick....... I'm not a happy camper.
That's scary!

Mornin' all from this end of the pond :caf
1600862710425.png

And God did not give him a brain is he an X not still married ?

Okay sold 4 birds to a neighbor .. We have Mexican older folks that do not have great english skills ... So this gal wanted fresh birds for her daughters wedding I had 3 cockerel growing up, We could sell told her I have hen EE she layed 4 or 6 eggs none since she is year old you can stew her..
She wanted the 4.. Fast forward told her I would bring them to her as she does not drive .. Caught 2 of the boys last one was flighty found it's way to my little coop with Smudge my Marans coop and smudge then thought he should protect it. The ensuing Smudge escaped because I had a net (My birds hate nets)..
Smudge spent the night in the blackberry brambles other side of the property.
This morning I went out with my other half no dogs.. I found smudge still in the blackberry .. Started calling him by heavens he followed me to his coop .. It is raining here this morning he was pretty bedraggled .. BF did grab Smudge he was at the fence could not quite figure to come around the door...
BF was able to grab him by his feet placed him back with his girls...

Back
Top Bottom