Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

not yet for our furbaby. First seizure was not horrible (just staggering, head bobbing etc.) after that seizures were very mild (petite) no pain and didn't seem to bother her at all. Silly girl's tail wagging the entire time. The vet predicted by the pattern that this was probably a "cluster" at least this time and may be the pattern for awhile, and he appears to have been correct. She hasn't had any problems since Friday night. We know we will have to make that decision sooner or, hopefully, later but for now we get more time with her. The vet wouldn't predict when. He did say it would most likely be a few months but could even be possible she'll do fine for longer. When I said "or sooner", he nodded. He's a great vet and I trust him to be honest with us, even with the hard news. Like I said before, one day at a time but we have no intention of letting her suffer just because our hearts won't let go. As hard as it is, that's just not what being a good guardian (or love) is about. She's given us her heart her whole life and when it's time we'll do the right thing and give it back.

Just enjoy her for now.

Good morning pond! Snowy on my lily pad. We got 8.5" so far but they're saying 3-6" more today. Sunshine is the only one braving the snow at the moment. He has it packed down pretty good over there. Chickens said nope and the turkeys will be out after they eat breakfast in sure. @BullChick and @WVduckchick how much did you end up with?

20220117_094103.jpg
20220117_094114.jpg

Good morning pond! Snowy on my lily pad. We got 8.5" so far but they're saying 3-6" more today. Sunshine is the only one braving the snow at the moment. He has it packed down pretty good over there. Chickens said nope and the turkeys will be out after they eat breakfast in sure. @BullChick and @WVduckchick how much did you end up with?

View attachment 2963414View attachment 2963415
They said it’s 10” so far. I did not measure. You know that I can’t use my snowblower, so I got an electric shovel. It didn’t do diddly squat before the engine overheated… or something. I don’t know, it stopped working at all.

View attachment 2963414View attachment 2963415
Looks like Sunshine is big enough to plow through some snow :D :love
I haven’t measured either, but I’d say 8” or more. It was windy last night too, blew a lot of drifts. Thank goodness I put the tarp on the west side of the pens, or it would have blown in badly.
George and his girl live in the little red coop on the porch of my workshop and it got drifted with snow a good inch or two. They haven’t even come out this morning.
7538AE58-A91C-4685-81DC-D485373A580D.jpeg

:love
December 11th, 2006 is his birthday.
We got him in Feb 2007

Then and now pics lol
(He needs a bath and haircut, but I won’t do it until spring.)
View attachment 2963435View attachment 2963434
I guess it’s logical that I got him in February too. :lol: PA hadn’t seen freezing temperatures yet, and that afternoon it dropped, and started snowing. It was deeper than him by bedtime. The next day we headed to Fargo. Oh my goodness, did that dog have experiences!

Morning On Frozen Pond!
Haven’t let the ducks out yet, but I doubt they will even come out. They would need to dig tunnels!
From my bedroom window
View attachment 2963361
View attachment 2963360
It's pretty. I lived in Virginia years ago. I don't remember getting snow like this then. It was a big deal to get 1 inch...no school that day!! I know you're in WV... but still... I say, enjoy! I don't have chickens now, miss them, but don't miss having to go out in that any more. Our last storm dumped over 12 inches. We needed it. It's melted, now we need more, for our mountains.

not yet for our furbaby. First seizure was not horrible (just staggering, head bobbing etc.) after that seizures were very mild (petite) no pain and didn't seem to bother her at all. Silly girl's tail wagging the entire time. The vet predicted by the pattern that this was probably a "cluster" at least this time and may be the pattern for awhile, and he appears to have been correct. She hasn't had any problems since Friday night. We know we will have to make that decision sooner or, hopefully, later but for now we get more time with her. The vet wouldn't predict when. He did say it would most likely be a few months but could even be possible she'll do fine for longer. When I said "or sooner", he nodded. He's a great vet and I trust him to be honest with us, even with the hard news. Like I said before, one day at a time but we have no intention of letting her suffer just because our hearts won't let go. As hard as it is, that's just not what being a good guardian (or love) is about. She's given us her heart her whole life and when it's time we'll do the right thing and give it back.
❤️💞💓💗❤️💕💓

Back
Top Bottom