Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Cute birds! Regular green? Or a fancy color?

(I used to have parrots. ...but lost one in a house fire, another died from inhaling a seed hull...no joke, what a freak accident, and then a smaller one died of old age....I now just have little guys. ...one cockatiel and 2 budgies )

He's blue split to pallid :) Not that the pallid part ever matters unless I breed him, lol. Sorry about the ones you lost. What breeds were they?

The one lost in a house fire was a bare eyed cockatoo. She was the sweetest thing. All of the bonding of a cockatoo without many of the behavior issues, and not too loud (well.... depending on what you compared her to).

The one that died from the freak seed hull incident (had him necropsied since I had no idea why he was suddenly dead) was my first parrot, a blue headed Pionus.

The last one was a Lineolated Parakeet in regular green. Small guy, but way more personality than you would think you would get from such a small package. I had raised him from shortly after hatch...had him for 10 years (which is all they live :( ). They day he died I could tell he was ready to go... he was all perky until his time...then was suddenly just tired looking. No breathing issues or anything. ..so I just held him until he passed.

Oddly enough...I just haven't bonded with the 3 we have now (cockatiel and 2 budgies ), but the kids like them. They sure are lower maintenance.

She has her cute moments though.
IMG_2234.JPG

Back
Top Bottom