Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Yep the egg train is almost in full production..... You might put a bunch in the incubator as soon as possible.... I know she escaped from the egg farm do you know what breed he uses over there?
I gotta put her with a roo first and she's still in quarantine. My best guess is some leghorn hybrid, she's fairly meaty though so maybe a bigger breed bred in. She lays white eggs.
IMG_5968.JPG
IMG_5974.JPG

I can't say we would never in a special circumstance of falling on hard times in the future but right out of high school come on. Imo if they want to live as a married couple they need to be able to take care of themselves and pay their own bills.
I'm more different than I realize sometimes . I grew in a poor family were everyone older than me got married to get away from an alcoholic father who was abusive when drunk . He would come in my room and ask me for cigarette money some mornings . He always worked and wasn't abusive to me or my little brother or sister . My first income tax return check bought mom a new washer . I realized early on that daddy was sick . While it was embarrassing sometimes I loved my dad . Since I was a loner most of the time. It didn't affect my school friends cause I didn't have many . After watching three of my older siblings go through divorce I swore I'd never marry . And I would never father a child out of wedlock . I kept that promise to myself .Met DW at 24 moved in together at 26 wanted to give her time to change her mind . My life is hard . Married at 28 first kid at 34. the desire to be a daddy was just to strong to over look . We have tried very hard to give them chances I never had . DW went to college on student loans and was still paying them when we got married . Had our son not washed out we would have paid it all and are paying all of DD's . My kids are lucky In todays world a degree is so important . Son moved into an apartment with his girl friend . That was it for collage. Grades dropped like a rock and he was out at the end of the semester. within four month's of moving in she was gone . She only wanted to get away from her parents :eek:He was crushed . He had to work with me to keep the apartment which her parents cosigned for . We wouldn't ! He needed to finish college .Now he wish's he had stuck it out and tried harder . Some kids have to learn the hard way . And some just don't want to go to college he was really one of those . The girl just went through her second divorce . My son does take after me and his mom we're the boss at work and both try to be at home :thHe runs a crew for a large commercial electrical and mechanical contracting company . The pay could be better but it's steady work . So ifin that boy really wants to go to college he'll find a way .:fl

Ophelia laid two eggs today :th :eek:
:lau

There was one this morning yes and then I got home an hour ago and found another. One was soft shelled, one hard. I'm also positive that they're hers cause non of our other white egg breeds are of age yet.
Oyster shells ????????????

I gotta put her with a roo first and she's still in quarantine. My best guess is some leghorn hybrid, she's fairly meaty though so maybe a bigger breed bred in. She lays white eggs.
View attachment 1122610 View attachment 1122611
look like a leghorn to me. they filed her beak :thyou said that though didn't you way back .

They usually do. I don't know maybe she's mostly something else. :confused: no telling what they mix up in those factories. I've been considering it. Not often you get a laying pullet from a factory farm.
Production houses dump them at the end of their second year most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom