Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

We're bombarded 24/7 these days by people telling us where we can't go. Md's governor just imposed an open-ended ban on non-essential travel; we can actually be pulled over & checked, arrested, fined. Big brother's watching.

I have 100# of chicken feed in my truck; no room for it in the feed can yet. Eventually, I'm going to need feed. Wonder if I'm going to get any grief when I go to the feed mill.

I don't mind so much not being able to run the roads; I don't run much, anyway. But when I need to go, I need to go; mower runs on gas, chain saws run on gas, splitter runs on gas, tractor runs on diesel, and there are no bulk storage tanks here.

Fuel, food, feed, any needed trip to an essential business are all okay in NJ. My area is seriously quiet - near zero traffic on our rural road. Still some fools. NJ News had stories of bar mitzvahs, corona parties, etc. being busted. Some folks still aren't taking this seriously. They need to take a look at NYC and NJ. It's working its way to the center of the country.

They still haven't tested my coworker, as far as I know. If she's positive, then I might be too and I might be one of those people with no symptoms. Again, no way to tell without testing. But me and all my coworkers possibly could have it, if she does have it. And we see a LOT of customers in the store every day.

Too many, in fact. People are STILL coming in to get things they don't actually really need.
That really kind of surprises me about Vermont folks.

We're bombarded 24/7 these days by people telling us where we can't go. Md's governor just imposed an open-ended ban on non-essential travel; we can actually be pulled over & checked, arrested, fined. Big brother's watching.

I have 100# of chicken feed in my truck; no room for it in the feed can yet. Eventually, I'm going to need feed. Wonder if I'm going to get any grief when I go to the feed mill.

I don't mind so much not being able to run the roads; I don't run much, anyway. But when I need to go, I need to go; mower runs on gas, chain saws run on gas, splitter runs on gas, tractor runs on diesel, and there are no bulk storage tanks here.
same here but our Gov recognizes that for us country folks "essential" is different than for apartment dwellers.

Fuel, food, feed, any needed trip to an essential business are all okay in NJ. My area is seriously quiet - near zero traffic on our rural road. Still some fools. NJ News had stories of bar mitzvahs, corona parties, etc. being busted. Some folks still aren't taking this seriously. They need to take a look at NYC and NJ. It's working its way to the center of the country.
yep, it is. our numbers are beginning to climb. fortunately, at least with this crisis, our gov was proactive early enough (we hope) to hold down the body count. The one stupid thing tho is he refuses to budge on spring election here on April 7th even tho it's clear we do not have even a portion of the workers needed to run it and I've been trying for weeks to at least get an absentee ballot. Rural area clerks are overwhelmed (aka northern) I wonder if that's what he's counting on. His party only won the last round in the two largest cities, both near our southern border. Most of the rest of the state is solidly conservative.

Back
Top Bottom