Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

I still can’t find any Lysol. I dont know why, but it makes me laugh to see a shelf that’s mostly empty, fully stocked with frebreeze. Literally, not one can of frebreeze missing on shelves that are otherwise bare. I guess my humor is more twisted than I thought.
I found it odd that all flours were bought... but oodles of cake mixes and brownie mixes.

I was thinking how odd that the stress eaters hadn't bought all of the brownie mixes.

I found it odd that all flours were bought... but oodles of cake mixes and brownie mixes.

I was thinking how odd that the stress eaters hadn't bought all of the brownie mixes.

I found that things I normally buy were gone. Flour, soap, dried beans, rice, chips (& tofu of all things)

6AC390E0-610E-42F5-88CC-65C6AD6394C3.jpeg

:barnie I buy milk 4 gallons at a time!! Good grief! What would I do!!

So glad milk is not restricted up here.
The milk situation is truly sad here. Pictures of farmers dumping hundreds of thousands of gallons of milk into their drains, told to by their co-op owners because they've got no place to go with it. The dairies can't bottle it because they've no where to take it. All their big customers like schools, hotels, arenas, etc. are shut down and everyone so over bought (aka hoarding) their milk in last couple weeks they just don't need any so the farmers are being told to dump all their milk for a week. These are the farms like the one showing the pics, that milk as many as 2500 cows a day. This week they'll still get paid but it could get ugly if this doesn't settle down soon.
You just don't realize how far reaching the economical impact of this is until you see a story like this.

I found that things I normally buy were gone. Flour, soap, dried beans, rice, chips (& tofu of all things)
Yep, dried beans and rice, quality inexpensive fillers... gone here too... and of COURSE I ran out of our huge bag of rice right as this panic started.

The milk situation is truly sad here. Pictures of farmers dumping hundreds of thousands of gallons of milk into their drains, told to by their co-op owners because they've got no place to go with it. The dairies can't bottle it because they've no where to take it. All their big customers like schools, hotels, arenas, etc. are shut down and everyone so over bought (aka hoarding) their milk in last couple weeks they just don't need any so the farmers are being told to dump all their milk for a week. These are the farms like the one showing the pics, that milk as many as 2500 cows a day. This week they'll still get paid but it could get ugly if this doesn't settle down soon.
You just don't realize how far reaching the economical impact of this is until you see a story like this.
Exactly...

I wonder when this is all said and done how many will die of the virus...

And how many will end up homeless or starving. :(

Both sides... so scary

Back
Top Bottom