Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Sporadic post... sorry long. Not writing this for sympathy just reporting on whats going on for me physically.

Therapy is doing a number on me. I had a panic attack during the evaluation. Then when the Actual therapist on Friday I actually Screamed when she had me lay on my back on the table. Bent knees helped some and rolling knees from side to side hurt all three ways side center and side. But surprisingly it partially mitigated after a while. My own stubbornness kept me going till she told me to stop.

I had no Idea how bad I was because I had been carefully avoiding pain for what a mounts to years now.

I am in pain today. I slept most of the day. But the pain is that which is from exercise mostly. I can be happy for that. She had me work on my leg ligaments and flexibility issues. And walk without the walker about twenty feet turn around and come back. I only staggered a couple of times Back was screaming when I got back. She sat me down in a soft-backed chair and put Moist heat behind my back.

Oh that was lovely. I sat there a good half hour it lasted that long.

I am ready to throw out my walker as soon as I can make it without. I almost pitched it at the clinic. It has no breaks the seat is broken and its partially the reason I am off kilter strength wise. Loading it in and out of the trunk.

I do Know I am a long way from being free from it. And My tears after the session were because I am soo overwhelmed by the journey ahead. These first weeks are going to be my hardest. But I REFUSE TO GIVE UP, as bad as I want to give in.

I am getting ex-rays soon of my back for the new Chiropractor. Hopefully they will Confirm one way or the other if I have Scoliosis developing. I have always had a sway back but its always been reasonably straight when it came to side to side.

I been falling a-lot these past couple of years. A sign? Maybe. Cause and effect? My left leg is definitely the weaker of the two. And I seem to fall on my left side mostly.

So there it is in a nutshell. As small of a nutshell as I can write.

There are some who have suggested I get this all looked in to. And now you know why I have been dragging my feet. Pun intended.

deb (who is cross posting three different places Sorry in advance)

:hugs :hugs :hugs

Sporadic post... sorry long. Not writing this for sympathy just reporting on whats going on for me physically.

Therapy is doing a number on me. I had a panic attack during the evaluation. Then when the Actual therapist on Friday I actually Screamed when she had me lay on my back on the table. Bent knees helped some and rolling knees from side to side hurt all three ways side center and side. But surprisingly it partially mitigated after a while. My own stubbornness kept me going till she told me to stop.

I had no Idea how bad I was because I had been carefully avoiding pain for what a mounts to years now.

I am in pain today. I slept most of the day. But the pain is that which is from exercise mostly. I can be happy for that. She had me work on my leg ligaments and flexibility issues. And walk without the walker about twenty feet turn around and come back. I only staggered a couple of times Back was screaming when I got back. She sat me down in a soft-backed chair and put Moist heat behind my back.

I am ready to throw out my walker as soon as I can make it without. I almost pitched it at the clinic. It has no breaks the seat is broken and its partially the reason I am off kilter strength wise. Loading it in and out of the trunk.

I do Know I am a long way from being free from it. And My tears after the session were because I am soo overwhelmed by the journey ahead. These first weeks are going to be my hardest. But I REFUSE TO GIVE UP, as bad as I want to give in.

I am getting ex-rays soon of my back for the new Chiropractor. Hopefully they will Confirm one way or the other if I have Scoliosis developing. I have always had a sway back but its always been reasonably straight when it came to side to side.

I been falling a-lot these past couple of years. A sign? Maybe. Cause and effect? My left leg is definitely the weaker of the two. And I seem to fall on my left side mostly.

There are some who have suggested I get this all looked in to. And now you know why I have been dragging my feet. Pun intended.

Deb,
I’m proud of you for taking the difficult steps to be able to rid yourself of your walker. Many would just give up.

The falling could be from things being out of whack. When my hips disintegrated, I fell a lot both times. As the cartilage disappeared, my pelvis slowly twisted until I was so off kilter I had poor balance. So maybe it is from your spine or other parts being out of adjustment.

Seattle is now the only thing our news can talk of 2 days peaceful gathering to remember the lost then the anarchist come in paid to loot burn cars this is idiots looting stores to throw stuff on fires there are cement planters downtown those took 6 to move put them in the street
We did not get to see the launch now we do not get a replay of it either

Good to hear from you,

Glad to hear you are moving forward.

So sucks about the pain and the long road ahead.

:hugs

Oh Gawd they are rioting and burning down buildings in La Mesa. Vons shopping center and Vons grocery store is burning. The City hall is burning as well. Looting and people running their cars into stores and grabbing what they can.

Highway 8 Through La Mesa is shut down. its an interstate going from the Pacific Ocean east through California.

deb

Oh Gawd they are rioting and burning down buildings in La Mesa. Vons shopping center and Vons grocery store is burning. The City hall is burning as well. Looting and people running their cars into stores and grabbing what they can.

Highway 8 Through La Mesa is shut down. its an interstate going from the Pacific Ocean east through California.

deb
How far is that from you, Deb?

Yesterday my aunt and uncle got n their RV and drove out to my mom’s house for the weekend. They live about 5 miles from one of the hardest hit areas. Uncle has Dr. appointment tomorrow, so they have to go back for that. Hoping things settle down by then.

How far is that from you, Deb?

Yesterday my aunt and uncle got n their RV and drove out to my mom’s house for the weekend. They live about 5 miles from one of the hardest hit areas. Uncle has Dr. appointment tomorrow, so they have to go back for that. Hoping things settle down by then.
Not far as the crow flies About ten miles. Lots of city between though as well as a ten lane freeway. Which the protesters stopped.

deb

:idunno
The ones burning trying to destroy Seattle do not live there .. I am pretty certain it would be found the same other places :smack
They showed video of looters walking out of the peaceful protest . Smashing windows steeling and going in the back of the crowd . After dark they got up to the court house broke windows and set fires. Riot police used tear gas and flash bangs to drive them back . Mayor issued a state of emergency at 9 and a 10 o'clock curfew . They are just lawless criminals . And give the decent black and white people a bad name . This is not new , not the first time this has happened . Just worthless people . Thing is we live in a world of big brother . So arrests are being made , and the criminals will face the justice system . Maybe not all , but a whole lot more than ten or fifteen years ago .I know to many well respected people of color who worked hard to succeed in todays world. Many are my neighbors and friends .I 'm so glad the police handled the whole event so tactfully . The old saying two wrongs don't make a right is proved true over and over .
Not far as the crow flies About ten miles. Lots of city between though as well as a ten lane freeway. Which the protesters stopped.

deb
:hugsHang in there Deb .Baby steps before big jumps . As for the masses . I figured out a long time ago . Wherever there are large crowds, ain't where I want to be. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom