Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Does anyone have any experience with Delaware’s? I have an almost 8wk old that looks cockerel to me. It’s hard to see the feathers In the pic because they’re white & no crow yet, but it’s huge and got a pretty good comb & waddles going. Here’s some pics my daughter took. He’s the 1st one. We call him Beast.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/what-did-you-do-with-your-flock-today.1371402/post-22697723

Cockerel :oops:

Good morning, Pond. @BYC910 I hear you loud and clear. Neighborhoods destroyed primarily by non residents I believe. Given todays economy they will not be replaced adding to desolation and despair. 'Sour' is truly sour on mankind at this point in time.

Does anyone have any experience with Delaware’s? I have an almost 8wk old that looks cockerel to me. It’s hard to see the feathers In the pic because they’re white & no crow yet, but it’s huge and got a pretty good comb & waddles going. Here’s some pics my daughter took. He’s the 1st one. We call him Beast.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/what-did-you-do-with-your-flock-today.1371402/post-22697723
I agree with Sour - looks like a cockerel to me.
Cockerel :oops:

Good morning, Pond. @BYC910 I hear you loud and clear. Neighborhoods destroyed primarily by non residents I believe. Given todays economy they will not be replaced adding to desolation and despair. 'Sour' is truly sour on mankind at this point in time.
Sour, maybe this will help your outlook. Last night on the news they were reporting on the aftermath of the riots. The 5 semi truck loads of food and supplies for the people of the decimated neighborhoods. The volunteers cleaning debris out of the streets and sidewalks. The residents of those neighborhoods forming a wall of protection around the outnumbered police officers (that was before the Guard showed up). Those things give me hope and remind me that the good people by far outnumber the bad. It’s just that the bad are the ones who make the news because their actions are more sensational and make for “better” TV.

I'm in isolation. Got tested yesterday. They ask a lot of questions to make sure you're eligible for the test. They need to be careful with test kits...I get it. I have several symptoms..and I'm 66 years old. Waiting for the phone call. I'm doing ok right now. You guys stay well. Glad I wore a mask to that store I went to...no symptoms then..hrs later sick. Weird.

I'm in isolation. Got tested yesterday. They ask a lot of questions to make sure you're eligible for the test. They need to be careful with test kits...I get it. I have several symptoms..and I'm 66 years old. Waiting for the phone call. I'm doing ok right now. You guys stay well. Glad I wore a mask to that store I went to...no symptoms then..hrs later sick. Weird.
Oh shoot! I hope it’s negative! :fl Feel better soon!

:hugs:hugs:hugs To you, Cynthia! Please let us know what your results are, and take care of yourself

I set a (hopefully) broody hen this afternoon. She’s been in the nest box (a wooden crate on the floor) since Saturday, puffing up and doing the dinosaur growl when anyone comes near. Of course it’s the box that everyone else wants to lay in. So, I got a dozen potentially fertile eggs from a neighbor, marked them, moved her box to a different spot on the coop floor and put a second box where she was. Of course she got out of the box as I was sliding it across the floor, but I put the eggs in and stepped back to see what she would do. She walked around it a few times, looking at it the eggs, then oh so gently stepped into the box and settled in. She’s 2 years old, a Red Ranger and has never shown broody tendencies before, so we’ll see how it goes. Hopefully the other hens will just continue to lay in an identical box in their familiar place.

Back
Top Bottom