Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Alaskan, did you have the "procedure" done yet? Tues. I get a drive up covid test, then Friday a trip to the hospital for the "procedure." :oops: Said the day before can only have clear liquids, so I guess water & Seven Up. My brother is mad he will have to pick me up after the procedure because they won't allow someone to go home in a cab. :barnie. When he had it done some years ago my son was still home and drove him to and from. Duh!

Alaskan, did you have the "procedure" done yet? Tues. I get a drive up covid test, then Friday a trip to the hospital for the "procedure." :oops: Said the day before can only have clear liquids, so I guess water & Seven Up. My brother is mad he will have to pick me up after the procedure because they won't allow someone to go home in a cab. :barnie. When he had it done some years ago my son was still home and drove him to and from. Duh!
Nope... not yet... 24th is my second try... hospital too.

They didn't tell you soft processed foods only on Tuesday and Wednesday? That is what they had me do... no seeds, no fruit skin... etc....

Supposedly to make things easier. :idunno

It did make things start to "clear" on Wednesday...

But then, since I only did half the drinking of the "special drink" I was supposed to on Thursday... I really have very little experience with this excitement.

Staying on our homestead and quietly appreciating how blessed we are to be born in such an amazing nation this Independence Day. Of course we are not perfect and never will be because the very definition of "perfection" means different things to different people, but no matter how you define it, "We the People in order to form a more perfect union" continues to define us as Americans. Since our first stuttering, imperfect, steps as a nation we have strove to learn, to grow, to look back while moving forward, acknowledging our past mistakes, work to correct them and then to do better in the future for all "We the people". Show me any other nation on earth that was founded upon such principles. Yes, we are imperfect, but it's exactly in that imperfection that we become the most perfect place on earth. God Bless America! Let Freedom Ring!
4th-of-july-graphics-3.gif

Not a huge Hughes fan here ... our whole to crawl in is here at home..
Was in masks stopped at a fireworks outfit on the highway.. We where the only masked ones.. Now it is phase 3 here but not out of woods yet
Here it's just the opposite. If you're not wearing a mask, you really stand out, that is if you are amongst the locals anyway. Can't speak for the IQ's of the migrators from the south.

Staying on our homestead and quietly appreciating how blessed we are to be born in such an amazing nation this Independence Day. Of course we are not perfect and never will be because the very definition of "perfection" means different things to different people, but no matter how you define it, "We the People in order to form a more perfect union" continues to define us as Americans. Since our first stuttering, imperfect, steps as a nation we have strove to learn, to grow, to look back while moving forward, acknowledging our past mistakes, work to correct them and then to do better in the future for all "We the people". Show me any other nation on earth that was founded upon such principles. Yes, we are imperfect, but it's exactly in that imperfection that we become the most perfect place on earth. God Bless America! Let Freedom Ring! View attachment 2226381
Only now when we look back at our past mistakes. there are those who would destroy the symbols of our history as though the ancestors those symbols honor never existed :mad:

Those that fail to learn from (or choose to ignore) the mistakes of the past are doomed to repeat them.
I agree, history is HUGELY important.

And... no one is perfect.

We need to remember the good and bad of people, so we can emulate what they did right, and avoid what they did wrong.

The destroying quality statues... excellent, well made, nice to look at, statues.....

Blows my mind.

Soon all public spaces will only have modern art :sick

Back
Top Bottom