Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

just got my pistol permit ! pistol packing mama they will call me! just kidding--need the permit to have my dad's collection of oldies
congrats! No need to have a permit here to own weapons here unless you plan to have a hand gun in your possession off your property. Then you need a concealed carry permit (which I have. Pistol packin' grandma here ;) )

Life over....

I can't get my internet box to turn on

Movies not possible

Death imminent....

Send good internet hot spot...

Over....
Must be a "virus" going around. Our Dish box decided to go nuts Friday afternoon, blacking out one channel at a time, then in bunches, until all channels blacked out. Did a reset (at this point Murphy's law took over of course) The box kept resetting itself for almost an hour then finally we had some channels again. Ok, so decided to watch some of that ton of movies etc. I had on the Dish's DVR and, yep, EVERYTHING was gone. Ok, I'll just "undelete" them. Nope. Trash folder appeared cleaned out as well. Chat with Dish tech. Another wasted hour of "try this" (did that before I got them online but I humored) finally convincing them the software/firmware had suffered a corruption causing a catastrophic failure of the "domino" variety (remember Murphy?) They're UPSing a new box. In the meantime got the current one working again (minus all my movies I had been collecting for the long winter nights viewing). The symptoms of the slo mo train wreak (short blackout of a second or two gradually getting longer and more frequent) have already returned but since the last one took over a month to build to the total failure, I'm thinking this will not repeat before the new system arrives this week. Give them credit for being able to ship out late Friday already so we should have it by possibly tomorrow. I love the fact that at least Dish moved all their tech support back to the U.S. several years ago :cool:.

Good morning Pond.
Morning Sir Sour :frow
very "crunchy" on this end of the pond this morning. Kicked over the water bucket and it was frozen to the bottom, sigh. Guess 17o will do that to water.

Oh great!!!! Must be Monday! :smackWhen did we get all the "other" stuff besides the regular BYC emojis? 🐶🐱🐭🐹🐰🦊🦝🐻🐼🦘🐧🐣🐥🐓

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom