Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Most brilliant choice!

Very please he is trapped!!
He is trapped, lead deficiency cured. It will remain in the trap for a while, until the aroma fades. I may need to repair part of the trap. I didn’t want to have to rely on the one shot from the .22, so I took my 20 ga. and bird shot. I might have been a titch closer than necessary. Some of the wires on the trap aren’t as they were at the beginning of the day.

He is trapped, lead deficiency cured. It will remain in the trap for a while, until the aroma fades. I may need to repair part of the trap. I didn’t want to have to rely on the one shot from the .22, so I took my 20 ga. and bird shot. I might have been a titch closer than necessary. Some of the wires on the trap aren’t as they were at the beginning of the day.
Perfectly fixable I am sure!

:clap

Job well done!

Well, this duckling
(I have 4-6 more this color too)
IMG_20201231_181411381.jpg

Turned into this lovely duck. Is she buff?
IMG_20210225_092951614.jpg

And this one
IMG_20210101_084533011_MP.jpg

Became a lovely little chocolate duck. Seems the "chocolate" ducklings did infact turn out to be ducks.
IMG_20210225_093021605.jpg

Then there's this really gorgeous dark drake. When he first hatched I thought he was a khaki but then I was looking at him more closely and realized he couldn't be. He is a lot darker than one.
IMG_20210225_092900827_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210225_092905223_HDR.jpg

I think I'm going to have to have BW put to sleep tomorrow.

She has liver cancer so we knew the end was coming sooner rather than later. The last few days she hasn't wanted to eat much, even on her steroids. Tonight, I got her to eat some roast beef, but about an hour later she threw it up and since then she's just acting like she really doesn't feel well. She didn't even climb up her stairs onto my bed after vomiting, just sat on the floor for a half hour before I picked her up and set her on the bed.

I think it's time. Gonna have to call the vet tomorrow.

I really feel for you. The rainbow bridge is sometimes the best way.

If you need someone to listen, just send me a PM and you can write until your fingers won't work.

I am here!

Well, this duckling
(I have 4-6 more this color too)
View attachment 2544810

Turned into this lovely duck. Is she buff?
View attachment 2544812

And this one
View attachment 2544811

Became a lovely little chocolate duck. Seems the "chocolate" ducklings did infact turn out to be ducks.
View attachment 2544813

Then there's this really gorgeous dark drake. When he first hatched I thought he was a khaki but then I was looking at him more closely and realized he couldn't be. He is a lot darker than one.
View attachment 2544823

View attachment 2544826

Your ducks are so pretty.

Back
Top Bottom