Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Enjoy.

Is your pain under contro?

bobbi-j, enjoy!! just got an infant swing for our 35 yr old swing set for new 4 month old grandson! grands are the best
They are the best! Our gifted swiset is 30 years old. We just got it yesterday from some good friends. They were thrilled to see the littles crawling all over it.
Looks wonderful!

How is your pain?

Ladies-Eight and Al, my pain was minimal this weekend. The nurse I spoke with on Friday said that may happen - that it may not bother me again this weekend. It was just an annoying discomfort. Truly an answer to prayer

Welp, I've got 20 out of an original 30 eggs set, bought at auction too so I'm pretty darn happy 😂 only about 26 went into lockdown anyway so I'm pretty pleased with this hatch. Almost all the OEs hatched black and about half have feathered legs, quite a few EEs have feathered legs too so I'm thinking F2 OEs from a marans cross (especially considering that there were marans eggs in that group of eggs) so it'll be fun to see what all I get. I reckon since the EE's have feathered legs too I may get some OEs out of them too.
IMG_20210411_193932459.jpg

I thought this one was pretty cool
IMG_20210411_193944720.jpg

Welp, I've got 20 out of an original 30 eggs set, bought at auction too so I'm pretty darn happy 😂 only about 26 went into lockdown anyway so I'm pretty pleased with this hatch. Almost all the OEs hatched black and about half have feathered legs, quite a few EEs have feathered legs too so I'm thinking F2 OEs from a marans cross (especially considering that there were marans eggs in that group of eggs) so it'll be fun to see what all I get. I reckon since the EE's have feathered legs too I may get some OEs out of them too.
View attachment 2611575

View attachment 2611574
I agree on the breed guess.

Some of those black are so huge and fluffy... very much like a marans

They are the best! Our gifted swiset is 30 years old. We just got it yesterday from some good friends. They were thrilled to see the littles crawling all over it.

Ladies-Eight and Al, my pain was minimal this weekend. The nurse I spoke with on Friday said that may happen - that it may not bother me again this weekend. It was just an annoying discomfort. Truly an answer to prayer

@bobbi-j

Kidney pain will come and go. If you have a kidney stone, the pain will come and go as the stone moves. Once the stone stops moving you usually are pain free.

@bobbi-j

Kidney pain will come and go. If you have a kidney stone, the pain will come and go as the stone moves. Once the stone stops moving you usually are pain free.
The surgeon called me last night to “follow up” and said that since I wasn’t having any pain, maybe we should not do the procedure today and do another ultrasound first to see if it had passed. I told him we were already in town since we live 2 1/2 hours away, and asked if he was aware of the bladder stone that was also to be removed. Then I told him that I had my first symptoms 2 months ago (right before DH’s stuff started), and I didn’t want to take a chance on starting the process all over again if it was still there. I mean, it’s not like I could just call him up and say, “I’m having symptoms again, can I come in this afternoon to take care of it?” I’m waiting right now to be taken back for the procedure. He’s going to laser the bladder stone and check to see if the kidney stone is still present.

View attachment 2611575

View attachment 2611574
Nice hatch, Dan!

All my OEs are Marans/Silverudd's crosses, and I only have a couple that aren't feather-legged. I'm not a huge fan of the feathery feet, so if I was being a good breeder, I'd try to get rid of it. But, my OEs are generally my "Oops, I let a broody set a little too long, wonder what she'll hatch?" birds.

The surgeon called me last night to “follow up” and said that since I wasn’t having any pain, maybe we should not do the procedure today and do another ultrasound first to see if it had passed. I told him we were already in town since we live 2 1/2 hours away, and asked if he was aware of the bladder stone that was also to be removed. Then I told him that I had my first symptoms 2 months ago (right before DH’s stuff started), and I didn’t want to take a chance on starting the process all over again if it was still there. I mean, it’s not like I could just call him up and say, “I’m having symptoms again, can I come in this afternoon to take care of it?” I’m waiting right now to be taken back for the procedure. He’s going to laser the bladder stone and check to see if the kidney stone is still present.

Sounds like a good plan for you.

The laser procedure is good for stones. It is nothing like having a surgical incision.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom