Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Soooooo

I forgot to mention ... about this past weekend.....

There I was in the big city.

I wore a fancy, never worn before, gifted to me, all pristine off white city type shirt.

And yes... stuck the sleeve in the cheese soup... and dribbled more soup all down my front.

So there in the restaurant I am sucking on the spots on the front of my shirt.. to make sure that they don't stain...

I told spouse "are you wishing you had left me in the car?" The reply should have been something along the lines of it is illegal to abandon animals in a closed car. (But in reality was more polite)

:lau

And.... look at the coasters from this place:

20210511_130252.jpg

Soooooo

I forgot to mention ... about this past weekend.....

There I was in the big city.

I wore a fancy, never worn before, gifted to me, all pristine off white city type shirt.

And yes... stuck the sleeve in the cheese soup... and dribbled more soup all down my front.

So there in the restaurant I am sucking on the spots on the front of my shirt.. to make sure that they don't stain...

I told spouse "are you wishing you had left me in the car?" The reply should have been something along the lines of it is illegal to abandon animals in a closed car. (But in reality was more polite)

:lau

And.... look at the coasters from this place:

Soda water is your friend. It cleans fresh restaurant dribbles better than spit.

How was the soup? It sounds delicious! What else did you eat?

Soda water is your friend. It cleans fresh restaurant dribbles better than spit.

How was the soup? It sounds delicious! What else did you eat?
The soup was a beer cheese soup and was fantastic.

I also had breakfast sandwiches that were with micro greens, fennel sausage, and a perfect barely over easy egg on an English muffin. :drool

Oh!

AND

for desert we had French toast that had been soaked in Creme brulee and covered with strawberries. :drool
:drool:drool:drool
Oh... and a horchada stout... (we were eating in a brewery). It was really odd... but good. Like a spiced beer.... or a chai beer.... dark.
Interesting! Sound sort of mythical or medieval. I’ll have to ask my beer-snob friends if they’ve heard of this. It might set them off on a quest.

And now to head back to school and wrangle 5th graders at the spring concert.
Spring? Spring?

I thought uou lower 48 people had started summer.

Me.... well, I am in the midst of Spring. Most of the ice in the pond is FINALLY melted.

The panic of getting stuff done has begun.

Back
Top Bottom