Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Look at these welly eggs. So pretty!
IMG_20210512_204210043.jpg

The city is here plowing the field across the street from my house today. They come every May, stacking up liens to acquire the property.:( The field butts up to the railroad tracks. Every year at this time I get trauma flashbacks to watching Watership Down in the theater as a small child.

Its a weird twist of fate that I would buy a house next to a field & railroad tracks.

Before the city started coming out (about 6yrs ago) I never made the connection to that old story. The older people who owned the field harvested it in quarters. They would plow & seed & harvest & they would sell their food in a little stand at the edge of their property. It was beautiful to watch, especially here in suburbia. When the city comes it feels... I don’t know... aggressive.

I hate the idea of them commandeering it & building anything. This area is a zoning grey area. It’s pretty common to have back to back 2story cookie cutters next to cheap government housing tenements next to mini McMansions, next to industrial, next to trailer park.... A few blocks in either direction things are more regulated, but anything can happen in this area. 😞

I’m depressed. Please send emergency chocolate.
Terrifying! :oops:

:hugs

Now you just need blue and green!

Nice dark browns!
I have EEs and OEs in the brooder!! I also have a EE laying green eggs but currently all her eggs have been going under hens. 😂😂😅 One just hatched 4, one has another 4 under her and one was just given 6. And I have like 5 or 6 in the bator. Hehehe

Back
Top Bottom