Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Good morning pond. I'm enjoying the snow pictures, and pup pictures. No snow for a while I guess. We wish Got a pretty photo of the clouds we did have this morning. From my front window.
20220117_085120.jpg

Good morning pond. I'm enjoying the snow pictures, and pup pictures. No snow for a while I guess. We wish Got a pretty photo of the clouds we did have this morning. From my front window. View attachment 2963460
Looks like snow in the sky! :)

Is he a mix or...looks like in his older picture..that he could have some Schnauzer.
He’s a Pomeranian/Poodle cross.
Well, his mom was a PomaPoo also, his dad was full blooded toy poodle. So I guess he is more Poo than Pom. :lol:

not yet for our furbaby. First seizure was not horrible (just staggering, head bobbing etc.) after that seizures were very mild (petite) no pain and didn't seem to bother her at all. Silly girl's tail wagging the entire time. The vet predicted by the pattern that this was probably a "cluster" at least this time and may be the pattern for awhile, and he appears to have been correct. She hasn't had any problems since Friday night. We know we will have to make that decision sooner or, hopefully, later but for now we get more time with her. The vet wouldn't predict when. He did say it would most likely be a few months but could even be possible she'll do fine for longer. When I said "or sooner", he nodded. He's a great vet and I trust him to be honest with us, even with the hard news. Like I said before, one day at a time but we have no intention of letting her suffer just because our hearts won't let go. As hard as it is, that's just not what being a good guardian (or love) is about. She's given us her heart her whole life and when it's time we'll do the right thing and give it back.
My sweet Mr. Roo had a brain tumor that gave him seizures for almost a year before we had to let him go. We tried to see if there was a pattern, or triggers for it, but didn’t come up with anything conclusive.

On the plus side, minus some confusion & temporary blindness after an episode, it didn’t seem like the seizures effected him all that much. In fact some studies suggested that a dog doesn’t remember having them (hence the confusion I guess.)

We did start putting doggy CBD drops in his food & felt that it helped space them out a little, but couldn’t be sure. We had great success with the CBD helping my other dog walk again when he was totally immobile, so figured why not try. 🤷‍♀️

It became very normal for Roo to loose his bowls after an episode & like I said have some temporary blindness, so we got in the habit of taking him right outside on a leash after, so he could relieve himself with dignity & not wander/smack into places he shouldn’t be. Sorry if this is TMI.

Many hugs Chicki! :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs

My sweet Mr. Roo had a brain tumor that gave him seizures for almost a year before we had to let him go. We tried to see if there was a pattern, or triggers for it, but didn’t come up with anything conclusive.

On the plus side, minus some confusion & temporary blindness after an episode, it didn’t seem like the seizures effected him all that much. In fact some studies suggested that a dog doesn’t remember having them (hence the confusion I guess.)

We did start putting doggy CBD drops in his food & felt that it helped space them out a little, but couldn’t be sure. We had great success with the CBD helping my other dog walk again when he was totally immobile, so figured why not try. 🤷‍♀️

It became very normal for Roo to loose his bowls after an episode & like I said have some temporary blindness, so we got in the habit of taking him right outside on a leash after, so he could relieve himself with dignity & not wander/smack into places he shouldn’t be. Sorry if this is TMI.

Many hugs Chicki! :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs
Also, we eventually started to notice a ‘tell’ a few seconds before he’d seize. He would get up & start chomping his lips sort of. It wasn’t much, but it gave us time to grab a towel & help secure him.

Back
Top Bottom