Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Ugh. I’ve been debating whether to fire up the incubator. I have collected a few golden neck and porcelain d’uccle eggs, and I do need a few more golden necks (I only have 2 pairs right now). The porcelains are also laying, but they seem to be a broody bunch, so I might just let them take care of their own. Sales weren’t great last year, but I was able to get rid of most that I wanted to sell, so I’m iffy too. I love hatching so much, but most of my pens are full, so if they don’t sell, I don’t really need more chicks!
Yes - I also have too many at this point. Although I'm getting low on olive eggers, so maybe just them. Everyone is young enough, I could probably wait a year. But... I do love to hatch...:confused:

Chicks. Are. Cute. (Now we have two pros and two cons...)

I say go for it, but I might be biased.

I already have a brooder full of Kos that hatched two days ago, and another brooder full of quail chicks that REALLY need to move to the quail barn (as soon as the temperature decides to be above zero) AND 26 more quail eggs that just went into the incubator this evening. And also ten emu eggs incubating, one of which is due in about three days. Oh, and a random egg my pigeons laid that I put in the incubator because I'm a sucker.

So. Maybe a little biased over here.

I say go for it, but I might be biased.

I already have a brooder full of Kos that hatched two days ago, and another brooder full of quail chicks that REALLY need to move to the quail barn (as soon as the temperature decides to be above zero) AND 26 more quail eggs that just went into the incubator this evening. And also ten emu eggs incubating, one of which is due in about three days. Oh, and a random egg my pigeons laid that I put in the incubator because I'm a sucker.

So. Maybe a little biased over here.
Addict! :gig

Back
Top Bottom