Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

It's 26° and sky dandruff is falling and once again, we're 45 minutes away from home, this time for the orchestra concert. The auditorium is pretty empty compared to usual. I'm thinking it's mostly just family here that has to take their kids home afterwards. 1 minute to show time...

View attachment 2970023
Weather, sickness... All kinds of audience-limiting factors these days. Glad they got to perform live though - nice venue!

Good morning pond. It's 12° and sunny at the moment but another 2-4" of sky dandruff is due to come in this afternoon. We made it home safe last night after the concert but there was a car flipped on its roof on the highway. It looked like everyone was ok but it had DD all shook up. I'm trying to convince myself to get out there and feed everyone and shovel the driveway.... it's not working lol

Good morning all. We got another couple inches yesterday with a little more projected today and this evening. I’ve had enough now. Takes me 2 or 3 trips to do bird chores, with having to come inside to warm my old fingers in between trips. 18F now, on the way to supposed 38 today. I’ll take it.

Anyone done taxes yet? I’m thinking I’ll start printing all my documentation, if I can get motivated. Hard to tell what it’s going to look like this year.

Anyone done taxes yet? I’m thinking I’ll start printing all my documentation, if I can get motivated. Hard to tell what it’s going to look like this year.

No.... not even remotely ready yet lol. Here's a tax question if anyone knows. DD worked for a few months last summer, she was 14 years old. Will she have to file individual taxes or since she's a minor, does she get included on ours?

And I did manage to get the driveway shoveled and chickens fed. We're ready for the next round of snow lol

Good morning all. We got another couple inches yesterday with a little more projected today and this evening. I’ve had enough now. Takes me 2 or 3 trips to do bird chores, with having to come inside to warm my old fingers in between trips. 18F now, on the way to supposed 38 today. I’ll take it.

Still waiting for one more piece of documentation to arrive here. Want to get the taxes done asap as the talking heads are warning of a real mess at the IRS this year. Surprise. I put in a request for "something" last March (so long ago I don't even remember what it was for now) every two months I receive an apology letter for not getting it done. Just got another one the other day. We use our refund to pay property taxes so.

My pup with the dxd brain cancer has been improving every day (no more seizures since a mild "episode" last Thursday) to the point that she is 99% back to normal this morning so I'm beginning to wonder if it is in fact brain cancer or she had a cluster stroke. Maybe just wishful thinking but I'm still going to do some research today.

Happy Monday all :hugs At least today is supposed to be above zero (yea!) then it's back into the freezer, sigh. Really need this break for at least a day or two so I can get my coop cleaned out, open up the two sides and merge the new kids with the old ladies. Those chicks are HUGE! There has to be some Jersey Giant in their genetics somewhere. They are supposed to be pure Orp, just mixed colors (that they definitely are! weird feathering starting to show and one has legs like an Aussie and another with a black face) but the combs are looking correct but everything else??? They're almost 14 weeks old and I still can't tell for sure what they are (or what sex).

No.... not even remotely ready yet lol. Here's a tax question if anyone knows. DD worked for a few months last summer, she was 14 years old. Will she have to file individual taxes or since she's a minor, does she get included on ours?

And I did manage to get the driveway shoveled and chickens fed. We're ready for the next round of snow lol
My guess on the DD would be that it depends on how much money she made. But just being a summer job, and at that age, I suspect you can still include her in yours.
Obviously don’t take my non-pro word for it. Lol

Back
Top Bottom