Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Still waiting for one more piece of documentation to arrive here. Want to get the taxes done asap as the talking heads are warning of a real mess at the IRS this year. Surprise. I put in a request for "something" last March (so long ago I don't even remember what it was for now) every two months I receive an apology letter for not getting it done. Just got another one the other day. We use our refund to pay property taxes so.

My pup with the dxd brain cancer has been improving every day (no more seizures since a mild "episode" last Thursday) to the point that she is 99% back to normal this morning so I'm beginning to wonder if it is in fact brain cancer or she had a cluster stroke. Maybe just wishful thinking but I'm still going to do some research today.

Happy Monday all :hugs At least today is supposed to be above zero (yea!) then it's back into the freezer, sigh. Really need this break for at least a day or two so I can get my coop cleaned out, open up the two sides and merge the new kids with the old ladies. Those chicks are HUGE! There has to be some Jersey Giant in their genetics somewhere. They are supposed to be pure Orp, just mixed colors (that they definitely are! weird feathering starting to show and one has legs like an Aussie and another with a black face) but the combs are looking correct but everything else??? They're almost 14 weeks old and I still can't tell for sure what they are (or what sex).
We use our refund for property taxes too! :p. Makes a ton of sense, huh? Trading money on paper.

Good news on the pup, hope it’s not as bad as originally projected. Even a little wishful thinking is not a bad thing. Be hopeful.

My opington chicks were always chunks too. I stopped hatching them with serama chicks, because they looked like giants and dwarfs together. I don’t have any orps now, would love to see some pics if you have any.

We use our refund for property taxes too! :p. Makes a ton of sense, huh? Trading money on paper.

Good news on the pup, hope it’s not as bad as originally projected. Even a little wishful thinking is not a bad thing. Be hopeful.

My opington chicks were always chunks too. I stopped hatching them with serama chicks, because they looked like giants and dwarfs together. I don’t have any orps now, would love to see some pics if you have any.
that's just it, they're not chunky, they're tall!!! I'll try to get some pics today when I go out to feed.

This is a pic of one, yes looks like one of FOUR are roos!!!:barnie:barnie:barnie:barnieGot a good look when I went out to feed and snap a pic. The little one in the back is definitely a pullet. She is a bit smaller than everyone else because she had a rough start but doing fine now. This pic does not show how tall they are
1643051135331.png

Anyone done taxes yet? I’m thinking I’ll start printing all my documentation, if I can get motivated. Hard to tell what it’s going to look like this year.
I do church taxes... and taxes for a Management group... and a tiny non-profit ... and all mine....

I have started on taxes since some of the church taxes are due the end of this month!!! And there is some paperwork I can't find. :he

No.... not even remotely ready yet lol. Here's a tax question if anyone knows. DD worked for a few months last summer, she was 14 years old. Will she have to file individual taxes or since she's a minor, does she get included on ours?

And I did manage to get the driveway shoveled and chickens fed. We're ready for the next round of snow lol
Depends on how much she made... the cap is actually really low... I think $1,400 last year???

I use turbo tax and there is button on there that you click....

There is an option to report her income on your taxes... but I am right at the cutoff line in regards to tax brackets... so it made more sense to file the kids individually, but as dependents. It was interesting... here are these kids... making peanuts... and 2 of them had to pay taxes. Crazy.

This is a pic of one, yes looks like one of FOUR are roos!!!:barnie:barnie:barnie:barnieGot a good look when I went out to feed and snap a pic. The little one in the back is definitely a pullet. She is a bit smaller than everyone else because she had a rough start but doing fine now. This pic does not show how tall they areView attachment 2971159
Yeah, the one in front is clearly male!

Wait... how many girls and how many boys?

And I too find it easier to figure out gender from photos i take... silly birds move to fast.

I do church taxes... and taxes for a Management group... and a tiny non-profit ... and all mine....

I have started on taxes since some of the church taxes are due the end of this month!!! And there is some paperwork I can't find. :he

Depends on how much she made... the cap is actually really low... I think $1,400 last year???

I use turbo tax and there is button on there that you click....

There is an option to report her income on your taxes... but I am right at the cutoff line in regards to tax brackets... so it made more sense to file the kids individually, but as dependents. It was interesting... here are these kids... making peanuts... and 2 of them had to pay taxes. Crazy.

When they file taxes don't they usually get everything they paid in back?

Back
Top Bottom