Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

I hear that! DH says, “We’re happy to see them come… and we’re happy to see them go.” I tell the parents no one drives away until I have made sure each car has the proper amount of kids in it.
Make sure they have the CORRECT kids too!

Years ago... we were at an indoor school Halloween thing... it was time to leave. I had my kids well trained, they knew I would beat the tar out of them if they ever went through an exterior door without my knowledge (I needed to make sure I never lost them.... ) So there I am at the big double doors... my kids are lining up, and I am counting them as I let them through the big doors, so I can then safely get them all into the car to go home....

I count them, one, two, three, four, five. Excellent! Let's us go! And "stay together, no running" etc... normal stuff. I am herding them to the car, almost there.... when a young couple with an ONLY child come racing out of the building....

They rush up to me on a panic...

They wanted to trade out ... because yes, I had 4 of mine and their one and only. :rolleyes:

Years ago... we were at an indoor school Halloween thing... it was time to leave. I had my kids well trained, they knew I would beat the tar out of them if they ever went through an exterior door without my knowledge (I needed to make sure I never lost them.... ) So there I am at the big double doors... my kids are lining up, and I am counting them as I let them through the big doors, so I can then safely get them all into the car to go home....

I count them, one, two, three, four, five. Excellent! Let's us go! And "stay together, no running" etc... normal stuff. I am herding them to the car, almost there.... when a young couple with an ONLY child come racing out of the building....

They wanted to trade out ... because yes, I had 4 of mine and their one and only. :rolleyes:
Meh, if they drive off with the wrong kids, that’s their problem! They all know where the others live, so they can switch back out if needed.

I can’t quite see the hat. Would you like a big giant fur hat?

Last edited:

That is how Home Alone started. Also, you count funny! It’s “One, three, four, six, seven!” Okay, “2, 4, 5” in your case, but ya gotta save time!

Morning Ponders :caf
We have rain!!! :ya:ya:ya:ya:ya
Hopefully with the cooler weather we are in for this week, the crunchy brown where the grass used to be will become a bit greener now and we can stop holding our breath that some crazy from the city doesn't set our world ablaze with their campfires and fireworks.

Check back in later and get caught up with everyone but right now I have to go find my election manual and take a quick refresher before I have to go play "election official" at our primary poll tomorrow.

Have a blessed week my fellow pond paddlers :hugs

Back
Top Bottom