Welcome to the flock, Carmella, Bean and Hazel :-D

I'm sorry about Michele, Amiga. I dread the day when something happens to one of mine.

Your new ducks are very pretty and adding a boy! Before long you will be posting adorable baby pictures too. I cant wait!
Hmmm. babies. Let's not rush things. We are near capacity right now. Not infrastructure capacity, just my energy capacity.
lol.png

So sorry to hear of your loss, Amiga. But congrats on the additions. They look beautiful!
Thanks, Carcajou. They are beautiful. Quite shy compared to the rest of the flock. But I hope that Romy can soon have her own little subflock of buffs. It's up to them, of course.
Amiga, I just read this post about Michele. I am so sorry. I have been through the very same thing. It is heartbreaking. I don't know how I missed this original post. I was away the weekend of Sept 15th and got off track reading things, maybe that's how it happened.

The new ones are gorgeous. I just skimmed thru this thread, but will come back to read more when I have a bit more time.

Again, so so very sorry for your loss of lovely Michele.
veronicasmom, we both know how it feels. Very tough. Thanks for your caring note. I needed to wait a while before posting about it, and before deciding to adopt the coffees. There is feather glitter all over the place, now, with Einz the black runner and Carmella and Bean all molting. Sieben usually waits till the depths of winter to shed feathers. sigh.

I hope to get ahold of some of the photo's my beloved has been taking of the new ducks (who are about the same age as the runners and Romy) so that I can upload them here.

I am so sorry to hear about your Michele, Amiga. I've seen how you feel about them through your posts. I am very glad that you did find more for Romy. I hope everything turns out well for you.

Thanks, Haunted55 and fowl farm. I appreciate this group.

Right now everyone is being fairly quiet. I look forward to the day when it's all one flock, no big issues.

A little something new is that unlike the runners and Romy, our Bean, Hazel and Carmelita like red things, like raspberries. So when the former are getting pea treats, I toss some raspberries in the coffees' water . . . . bobbing for raspberries!

Right now everyone is being fairly quiet. I look forward to the day when it's all one flock, no big issues.

A little something new is that unlike the runners and Romy, our Bean, Hazel and Carmelita like red things, like raspberries. So when the former are getting pea treats, I toss some raspberries in the coffees' water . . . . bobbing for raspberries!
Sounds yummy.
smile.png

that's awesome! they are funny little beings aren't they? Everyone of them is unique and their 'own person' shall we say. Lol, I can see them doing it! I am so glad for you Amiga.

Had to hug a duck today. Part of my tough love program. Zwei was running at Romy, the former had her head down and her mouth open. She (Zwei) got scooped up into a big hug. I am so mean.

No ducks were harmed in the process. Annoyed, yes. Harmed, no. And Zwei is one of my huggers, anyway, so she was quite calm.

Had to hug a duck today. Part of my tough love program. Zwei was running at Romy, the former had her head down and her mouth open. She (Zwei) got scooped up into a big hug. I am so mean.

No ducks were harmed in the process. Annoyed, yes. Harmed, no. And Zwei is one of my huggers, anyway, so she was quite calm.
Sounds like you nipped it in the bud.
thumbsup.gif

Sounds like you nipped it in the bud.
thumbsup.gif
Thanks, Miss Lydia, I decided to be part of this flock dynamic, and not just sit back in every case and let them go after each other. I found that after I intervened once to get Einz to stop yelling at Carmella, that a few of the other runners did the same kind of intervention. So I am hoping to communicate that so much chasing at each other needs to stop. And they don't do a whole lot of it. But I want my girls (and now, my boy . . . . oh boy) to be supportive of one another. They always have been before.

We are sitting out in the yard together now. I think they have been left on their own a wee bit too much, as I have had a number of away-from-home things to do the last several weeks.

Thanks, Miss Lydia, I decided to be part of this flock dynamic, and not just sit back in every case and let them go after each other. I found that after I intervened once to get Einz to stop yelling at Carmella, that a few of the other runners did the same kind of intervention. So I am hoping to communicate that so much chasing at each other needs to stop. And they don't do a whole lot of it. But I want my girls (and now, my boy . . . . oh boy) to be supportive of one another. They always have been before.

We are sitting out in the yard together now. I think they have been left on their own a wee bit too much, as I have had a number of away-from-home things to do the last several weeks.
I'm glad your having good weather that you can sit outside, it's rather cold and rainy here today. I always miss being outside with mine.

Back
Top Bottom