Welcome to the flock, Carmella, Bean and Hazel :-D

Next update from 10/16:

Big day today. We are not quite "there" yet, but this morning, with Einz in timeout, the rest of us took a walk together. Ahhh. Together. One flock. Oh, yes.
yesss.gif

The coffees helped me weed, then joined the runners in the kiwi garden, toured the Day Pen, and we all (including Einz) went on another walk...
big_smile.png

And then we went to the tea garden again, and then after room service was done, we all went on a walk through the woods. The baker's dozen. Bliss. Joy. Hope.
ya.gif

Of course, ducks will be ducks. After a peaceful two and a half hours after coming in for the night, Einz started yelling at Carmella. Oh, well. We are not there yet. But closer.

As I wrote earlier, I want to give a bit of a play-by-play here, so people who are new to introducktions can see that sometimes it is a bit of a grind. This is our second incorporation of adopted ducks into the flock. The first one reached this point - walks together - after two days. This has taken two weeks, and much more monitoring. Restful nights took longer to happen than daytime getting along. So it may be several weeks before the whole flock can share night space. So be it.

Thanks for all the support. I feel it.

Wonderful!
celebrate.gif

Thanks!

Today everyone stayed together in the Day Pen while I went out for a while (we have been gradually working up to this point, I would not just throw them in together unattended if they had not demonstrated that it would work.)

The relationships are somewhat awkward, still some chasing, I think Einz has given up on yelling outdoors for the most part. Poor Einz. Her little wires got so jazzed. She will be better, I hope, when the molting is all over and done with.

Thanks!

Today everyone stayed together in the Day Pen while I went out for a while (we have been gradually working up to this point, I would not just throw them in together unattended if they had not demonstrated that it would work.)

The relationships are somewhat awkward, still some chasing, I think Einz has given up on yelling outdoors for the most part. Poor Einz. Her little wires got so jazzed. She will be better, I hope, when the molting is all over and done with.
thumbsup.gif

Shew! I was beginning to think we would not see the day . . . .

Coffees are spending all their time with the runners.

Carmella and Romy sometimes forage and drink together.

Einz rarely yells.

Elfie seems to have the beginnings of a crush on Bean.

More and more, Romy is near the coffees.

Long three weeks. Wait. It's only been three weeks? Feels like for blessed ever. But here we are, not yet a seamless fit, coffees still very shy and uncertain, still some chasing, some animated discussions at night, but here we are: one flock. One blessed flock. Hallelujah!!!
bow.gif

wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom