Welcome to the night shift

Pics
I rarely remember my dreams, but this one was a doozy. I was hiding from some people who wanted to kill me -- with bumblebees. I had taken refuge in a vehicle that had a sunshade over the windshield so they couldn't see me. Then, I realized I didn't want to die alone, so I ran into a garage where the rest of "my people" were hiding out.

Okay, so in the real world, I found two bumblebees in my basement. both dead, yesterday. (How did they get in the basement? I didn't open the kitchen and basement doors, and invite them down there?) When I was a kid, my dad and another guy disturbed a bumblebee "nest" in an old junked car, and the bees attacked me. I swelled up like a balloon and had to be rushed into town to get an injection.

Turns out both my sister and I were allergic to bee stings. However, last year, I got stung once and absolutely nothing -- past the wee ouch of the sting -- happened. I've apparently "outgrown" my allergy, but those lovely little critters still inspire terror in my sleep?

Welcome to MY nightmare -- death by bees!

I give up. On sleeping anyway.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to give up my share of my parent's estate. Which is why I'm not sleeping.

Last Sunday was traumatic enough to get past keeping things. I would really rather not split my share of the value among my siblings, though.

We met with the lawyer yesterday to find out the next steps to resolving the estate. .. about the stuff with deeds and titles. Tomorrow and the next day, we are working on the smaller stuff.

All of us said the relationships are more important than the stuff/money. I said it too. I'm coming to realize that it is much easier said than done when every item and aspect has me giving up the stuff/money to preserve the relationship. If it went the other way even once, it would make it a lot easier.

I am so sorry that you are dealing with this. I saw some squabbling among Jim's siblings when his parents died, but honestly, there wasn't any between my sister and me.

When Mom got sick, I quit my job and moved home to take care of her. With Dad, it was a much slower, longer decline, and my sister, who lived in the same town, became his caretaker. I figured she deserved anything and everything she wanted because she carried the heavier burden for years.

Although I am older and traditionally would have gotten the American flag when he was buried -- he was a Korean War vet -- I told the honor guard to give it to her. She deserved it.

You do not deserve all this additional trauma. It's no wonder you can't sleep at night. I hope things get at least a little better for you and soon.

Hi all, I’ve only read the first page and you’re all telling my story. I seem to go through phases where nights are rough for a stretch, then it all calms down and I can sleep. Lately I’ve tossed and turned a lot between 1 and 3 and often just give up on sleep. Since I live in a hot climate I find myself puttering around outside with the dogs, usually watering the gardens. Of course around 5 when I only have an hour before work starts I’m ready for a nap.

Hi all, I’ve only read the first page and you’re all telling my story. I seem to go through phases where nights are rough for a stretch, then it all calms down and I can sleep. Lately I’ve tossed and turned a lot between 1 and 3 and often just give up on sleep. Since I live in a hot climate I find myself puttering around outside with the dogs, usually watering the gardens. Of course around 5 when I only have an hour before work starts I’m ready for a nap.
Well, it's getting close to time for that nap. Hope you can get some rest.

I give up. On sleeping anyway.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to give up my share of my parent's estate. Which is why I'm not sleeping.

Last Sunday was traumatic enough to get past keeping things. I would really rather not split my share of the value among my siblings, though.

We met with the lawyer yesterday to find out the next steps to resolving the estate. .. about the stuff with deeds and titles. Tomorrow and the next day, we are working on the smaller stuff.

All of us said the relationships are more important than the stuff/money. I said it too. I'm coming to realize that it is much easier said than done when every item and aspect has me giving up the stuff/money to preserve the relationship. If it went the other way even once, it would make it a lot easier.
I am so sorry you are going through that. I fully empathize with you. I lost my mother this March. She did not have a will and my dad and her were never married.
The drama from one estranged sister who is now presenting herself as the dutiful loving grieving daughter is very stressful. She openly abused my mom emotionally and financially for years. I found out very late in this, then sister left the state when my mom was diagnosed with cancer. My dad thankfully is healthy but I live so far away from them, I managed every couple of months tho.

My mom, knowing that daughter well, added me to her home title and bank acts years ago and made me medical and financial power of attorney. Well, estranged sister learned about THAT at the funeral but not before she caused a major scene… proclaiming to anyone that would listen that she was the oldest and therefore rightful next of kin in charge of all my moms possessions. She told my dad to his face to pack his bags, she’s selling the house and taking the money and he can live in a box. Lord queen of narcissists.
I soooo enjoyed whispering in her ear ( with glee) that mom had foreseen this and it is I who owned the estate and dad can live there as long as he wants. And when he moves, he already has a place in my home. Karma, baby.
I am being fair with her personal possessions between my sisters, but she will not manipulate me..it can’t be done . If it were narcisissy in charge that would be it…She would list everything on eBay.

I am so sorry you are going through that. I fully empathize with you. I lost my mother this March. She did not have a will and my dad and her were never married.
The drama from one estranged sister who is now presenting herself as the dutiful loving grieving daughter is very stressful. She openly abused my mom emotionally and financially for years. I found out very late in this, then sister left the state when my mom was diagnosed with cancer. My dad thankfully is healthy but I live so far away from them, I managed every couple of months tho.

My mom, knowing that daughter well, added me to her home title and bank acts years ago and made me medical and financial power of attorney. Well, estranged sister learned about THAT at the funeral but not before she caused a major scene… proclaiming to anyone that would listen that she was the oldest and therefore rightful next of kin in charge of all my moms possessions. She told my dad to his face to pack his bags, she’s selling the house and taking the money and he can live in a box. Lord queen of narcissists.
I soooo enjoyed whispering in her ear ( with glee) that mom had foreseen this and it is I who owned the estate and dad can live there as long as he wants. And when he moves, he already has a place in my home. Karma, baby.
I am being fair with her personal possessions between my sisters, but she will not manipulate me..it can’t be done . If it were narcisissy in charge that would be it…She would list everything on eBay.
Wow. Sorry you have to deal with that. I'm glad you're strong enough to see through the act and that you won't be manipulated. That can be a hard thing for a lot of people.

One of the things my mind is racing about tonight is dd's frustration with medical issues. She has been working with the pharmacy and insurance companies for many months (years in some ways but this part of the issue is months). Skipping how much "working with" both insurance and pharmacy it has required every single month, yesterday they told her that her cost was $300 last month because she HAD met her deductible, and is $4,000 this month because she has NOT met her deductible. She asked them to think about that. It didn't help.

Back
Top Bottom