Welcome Ye Who Dare To Cluck.....

Have You Told A Funny Story Yet? IF NOT, YOU CAN'T LEAVE THIS THREAD. No trying to sneak off.

• Total voters
Pics
Joy is a Speckled Sussex (of course). She turns 4 years old this year and is the reason I have a love for chickens. She is also the reason I still have chickens today. I lost 9 birds one night to a predator, and Joy was the one who warned me. She came to the porch and wouldn’t leave until I came to check on what was wrong. I found that only 4 of my chickens were still alive. Thanks to her, those other 3 lives were able to be saved ❤

She has also done a number of funny things. Recently, I put grass seed down by the pool. It was muddy and so I put down straw with the seed. The chickens immediately discovered it and thought it was the greatest thing. Every time I let them out, it was a race to see who would get there first. Because the seed was on the opposite side of the pool from the coop, the girls had to go around. Joy decided this was unnecessary and came up with her own route. Which way did she decide to take? Over the pool of course. Unfortunately, this plump hen only made it about 4 feet before her helicopter wings dropped her smack in the middle of the pool. This did not faze her though, and as if part of the plan, she swam (or more like thrashed) to the pools edge, climbed out and began to scratch around with the rest. 😂

mad-mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom