Welcome Ye Who Dare To Cluck.....

Have You Told A Funny Story Yet? IF NOT, YOU CAN'T LEAVE THIS THREAD. No trying to sneak off.

• Total voters
Pics
So one time I took Hazel out of the pen I keep them in and set her on top of it so that I could close it back up before any of my birds got the bright idea to hop out and escape. Putting Hazel up there was probably not one of my brightest ideas either. Hazel hopped off the top of their pen and back inside and then I had to grab her again.

I'm pretty sure I have funnier stories, but I can't remember them right now :l

So, just last week Popcorn decided to hop up onto the feeder shelter so she could look me in the eye while I was puttering around doing things in the pen. I reached out to touch her with little expectation of success because she's one of the more skittish of the current flock.

However, her hormones got to her and she squatted for the first time.

So, picture me giving a squatting hen a nice petting on the back and her toenails losing their grip on the metal roof of the feeder shelter.

She was quite indignant that I grabbed her and picked her up to prevent her from sliding off the roof.

Oh oh, I got another one!

So I have two cats right now, Lena and Meowtahari. Lena is the oldest of the two, by roughly a year. Several years ago, I was living in a rented trailer on the outskirts of Memphis in one of those trailer parks that pretends to be fancier than it actually is. My twin sister (fraternal) decided to move in behind me so I'd often walk over there with my kiddo so she could play with her cousin. One evening, when I got over there to collect her, I felt some eyes on me. I looked around, and caught the gaze of a strawny little tuxedo kitten sitting at the edge of the street on the other side. As soon as our eyes met, that kitten began to meow at the top of her tiny lungs and marched across the street as if saying "HEY, HEY LADY, HEEEEEEEEEY, STAY RIGHT THERE I'M COMING OVA". I was so overcome by the audacity that I just stood there, waiting to see what she wanted. When she reached me, she climbed right up me despite my protests and perched on my shoulder. Obviously, this kitty needed somebody so I took her home "for a few days" in case someone came looking for her.

I quickly discovered the reason this kitten was homeless. She had a raging case of surprise runs. By surprise I mean she could be cuddling with you, purring up a storm and all of a sudden let loose, and by runs I mean diarrhea...not zoomies or anything cute like that. It was terrible, to say the least. She wasn't happy cause she didn't feel well, and everyone else wasn't happy because we were running out of stain free clothes. So I took her to the vet to see what could be done about the...emissions. The diagnosis was a genetic predisposition towards food sensitivities (her inner lids were stuck half closed at the time, which is apparently a sign of such things), so all was well after a dietary change. The kiddo named her after herself (her name is Leona, so Lena was what she chose), and I kept forgetting to find her another home, so I guess now 4 years after the fact she's here to stay. Meowta is a story for another time, but it's amusing to me that Meowta's got the nickname "The Shitten", and not Lena.

Just goes to show you that actions speak louder than turds.

I realize y'all might be looking for funny poultry stories, but my girls are all serious business. Just look at this face:
motherclucker.png

My GLW Honey thinks that when I bend over out in the yard that is her invitation to jump on my back/head and roost...

(am I doing it right??)
My leghorns did that... they used it as a launch through open half-door top! EVERY TIME.....

Back
Top Bottom