WELL everyone pray for me my flock has Infectious Laryngotracheitis

KelleysAmericaunas

Left the coop
11 Years
Sep 26, 2008
hope mills nc
They came out a few days ago and they have this disease......now they are talking about offing all my birds all 50 of them im so hurt i cant hardly type.......

please pray for us ........we cant have birds now until 3 months after the state slaughters my birds.......god why mine ....i loved mine ......if i had only not put them in the fair or went to chicken auctions:hit:hit

I'm so sorry to hear this. What happened? How did the state become involved? Can you describe your symptoms so we can learn?

Why wont the state let you treat them? Again, I am so sorry. My heart goes out to you. You and your feathered family will be in our prayers.

well all my birds were extremely heathly i started entering them into fairs and going to chicken auctions........

THen after a week they started coughing ......eye running ........coughing up blood......and had a death rattle...then each day 6 to 7 were dropping so i called the state ........

they tested and now they have to take action .........

i hope and pray no one has to go through this i raised most of this up from babys they are 4 now

Oh...I pray you find some comfort. So sorry. That's a big hurt. Hang in there and take it a day at a time.

Your State is probably very hard on disease because I would assume it is a big producer of meat type birds and a disease like this can wipe out their business.

My advice to you is to follow the State Law about quarantine and culling. Start over and next time, vaccinate your birds with LT-Ivax. Only buy chicks and be very careful whom you visit and who visits you.

ILT has been making the rounds in the US this year. There was an outbreak that involved 4-5 counties here in Washington this year that I know of.

Back
Top Bottom