Well here we go..First time go at Hatching..HELP :)

Im at day 7/8

I candled some of the eggs, but I dont see much. I can see something dark inside, but whenever i try to get a look at it, it floats away. I have one that has spidery veins all around the air sac spreading up and away toward the center. I have one that looks like it might have something, but each time I turn to see whatever it is, it floats away and i cant get a look at it. I dont want to roll the eggs around too much. One I found had nothing in it so Ive set it aside for the compost. The veins look good and i dont see blood rings like ive seen in pictures. Im not sure what to think. Im worried that i might ahve a batch of rotten eggs fermenting in the bator....
sickbyc.gif

you definatly don't want a bator full of rotten eggs! Are you going to leave the ones you arn't sure of for a little longer and see how they go?

I'm going to candle mine tomorrow....I really hope I know what i'm looking for
bow.gif

This is way harder than I thought it would be
barnie.gif

Im at day 7/8

I candled some of the eggs, but I dont see much. I can see something dark inside, but whenever i try to get a look at it, it floats away. I have one that has spidery veins all around the air sac spreading up and away toward the center. I have one that looks like it might have something, but each time I turn to see whatever it is, it floats away and i cant get a look at it. I dont want to roll the eggs around too much. One I found had nothing in it so Ive set it aside for the compost. The veins look good and i dont see blood rings like ive seen in pictures. Im not sure what to think. Im worried that i might ahve a batch of rotten eggs fermenting in the bator....
sickbyc.gif
the ones with the floating things that keep moving are good.veins are even better. you will be able o tell if they are bad i usually leave it till day 14 to candle first time.

Im leaving them for now to watch for weeping or anything else that might be suspicious. I did find one that was not fertile. It was clear all through it at 5 days, so i tried it again today and still clear, so I dropped it in the compost and yeah it was empty.

OMG!!!!! I just had a quick look at a few of my eggs using the toilet roll and flashlight look what I found...so excited!! it was moving
wee.gif

Not a very good pic
hmm.png

I looked at a few of the Bantam eggs, a couple had blood rings, a few had viens and some with nothing.

The issue I have is I can't see very well into the Araucana eggs because the shell is blue and a lot thicker than the Bantam ones.

I'm going to leave all of them for a few more days before I chuck any out.

I'm happy if only a few hatch.... I nearly fell over when I say the little Bantam move!!!

big_smile.png

Ive got wigglers!!
wee.gif
celebrate.gif

I can see movement on at least 6 of my eggs. the others were harder to tell, but there was definitely something in there.

There was one that had some veins, but on the opposite side of the egg there was a tiny black spot. I suspect it might be a dead egg. Ill give it a few more days.

Some of them have larger air pockets than others. Is this OK?

Back
Top Bottom