Well...I guess I don't need y'all anymore! ;-)

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by jessierose, Nov 4, 2009.

1. jessierose

jessierose Out Of The Brooder

Mar 23, 2009
    I bought Raising Chickens for Dummies yesterday. I haven't put it down yet! Thousands of my questions are answered! Questions I didn't know I had are answered! I feel a million times more competent and confident as a chicken keeper already.
    Seriously, I can't say enough good things about it!
    I'm off to sit by my new coop and read and read and read! [​IMG]

2. mdbokc

mdbokc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2009
    Oklahoma County, OK
    LOL...sounds like a plan! Enjoy.

3. dovecanyon

dovecanyon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2009
    Niland, CA
    Funny... I had the book, 'Raising Chickens For Dummies', first- that is how I found this wonderful website! I look something up in the book every day, but I still log on to read what others are doing 2 or 3 times a day. Occasionally something will happen that isn't in the book (trust me, I know!), and you will be back on here in a flash, getting good advice from folks that have "been there, done that". The great people on BYC have been a God-send to me more than once!

4. Germaine_11.20

Germaine_11.20 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    Idaho
    That is wonderful. I have the book too. But the experience and help of BYC members far outshine any book.

5. ksct

ksct Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2009
    upstate, NY
    before we got our birds.... i specifically looked for that book because they have one for everything else. it wasn't out yet. But i found this site and am grateful for it! I went and did purchase a book, it was good, just not what i wanted...... i haven't yet purchased that book but really want to. I keep forgetting.
    And despite not yet having read the book, i too would have to say that the help on this site is great! and i'm sure better than the book in the long run!
    glad you like the book and thanks for reminding me to buy it!!!!

6. JENx

JENx Out Of The Brooder

Sep 14, 2009
    Leicester, England
    I'm asking for it for Christmas!! Good to hear it's useful!

7. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for the fantastic comments and feedback! I'm so glad you like the book and are finding it helpful. The book and BYC are really a super perfect combination!

A quick reminder: If anybody with the book has ever purchased anything from Amazon.com you can post a review for the book on Amazon (even if you didn't buy it there). jessierose, your post above could be copied / pasted exactly as it is into an amazon review!!! [​IMG]

Here is the RCFD Amazon page: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0470465441?ie=UTF8&tag=backy-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=0470465441

Thanks
    again for the fantastic comments!

8. jessierose

jessierose Out Of The Brooder

Mar 23, 2009
    No prob! Just posted the review on Amazon!
    Thanks for such a great book! I am not exagerating when I say that it's already a great comfort to me! I feel like I can pick an expert's brain anytime I need to!
    Of course, I still love BYC for that, too, though! [​IMG]

9. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

10. wombat

wombat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2009
    I'm expecting to get it for Christmas, if my mother ever finds out it exists. After all these years, I'm still her lil' dummy!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by