Well..just call me a nerd! I've done it again

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Momagain1, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Momagain1

Momagain1 Songster

Feb 13, 2011
    Central IL
    I'm super excited to go pick through someones trash in the morning! LOL

Across from the school; they are just about finished building a building of some sort; looks REALLY
    too nice to be a garage..but it has 4 garage doors and an office part...sooo...

anyway...they have a large pile of plywood in the back (fairly decent pieces..) about 3x2footers..etc..
    and some treated and untreated wood..all cut different sizes and thicknesses...

I asked today what they were gonna do with them..they said BURN them..I SAID NOOOoooo can I have them
    to use on the inside of my chicken coop..he said yep! come get it in the a/m!

then I spied insulation..I said what about that? he said we still have a wall to do..but I'm sure whatever
    is left you can have too!

happy dance to the car...

2. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    [​IMG]

Free stuff! [​IMG]

3. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Good for you! [​IMG]

On BYC, dumpster diving nerd is the highest form of compliment.

Imp- and construction dumpsters are cool

4. Lucky find!
    I have been known to adopt unwanted things too. My favorite story is the 7' couch I brought home on my little red wagon because no one had a truck to haul it. We moved the thing half a mile. The looks we got were priceless [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2011
  5. Momagain1

Momagain1 Songster

Feb 13, 2011
    Central IL
    ahhh yes!! I finally got a NICE title...lol...

and whats more pathetic is I'll probably take a pic of it...THATS NERDINESS at its best..or..pathetic=ness..not sure which...
    dont ask hubby...lol..

6. arianna

arianna Songster

Sep 8, 2010
    North Carolina
    [​IMG]
    My favorite store is Habitat for Humanity [​IMG] . I can make treasure out of someone else¬ís trash [​IMG]

Old coat hanger from habitat....I already attached the back (three cabinet doors) and painted the sides.
    [​IMG]

and my girls favorite nesting box.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Momagain1

Momagain1 Songster

Feb 13, 2011
    Central IL
    nice!

my Habitat has NOTHING like this...really not good stuff...ugh!

and what decent stuff they have; they want near retail for..

8. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Crowing

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    That's fantastic and I absolutely think you should take pictures of it!

9. Sorin

Sorin Songster

Jul 15, 2010
    Glenfield, ny
    [​IMG] Dumpster diving! Arianna, what a cool yard you have for your chickens! That's giving me some ideas!

10. terrilhb

terrilhb Songster

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    That is awesome. Wish I could find somewhere like that. LOL. Congratulations. And if that makes you a nerd I am too. When I am driving down the road I am always looking to see if I can find something for my chickens or goats. Love free stuff. [​IMG] Arianna that is an awesome chicken yard you have.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: