Well.. Just Got Back From The ER With Hubby...

When it gets really hot we go inside.

Glad he is ok, but like it was said he will now be affected by the heat more quickly then before.

As for CPR good idea. IF your Dr. agrees ask about baby asprin.

So glad he's okay! Hope he learned his lesson!
hugs.gif

Scary! This heat is awful, we did get a break over the weekend only in the mid 80's but almost 100 today. I drink tons, always make sure to have something with me to drink when I am outside. Hubby is having a harder time this year because of his Blood Pressure Meds. Hope your hubby takes it easy.

Wow Red glad he is okay. This heat has been down right terrible. It is supposed to be over 100 tomorrow. I work in a non air conditioned building. I drink tons of water and turn the coolers on in the trucks I unload. And if I get super hot I take a trip to the cooler. Hopefully your DH will drink more while outside from now on.

OMG Miz Red! Glad it wasn't his heart.
hugs.gif

Tell him to let me know when he's feeling all better, so I can put a southern smack down on him for scaring my Red.
smack.gif

I'm so glad he will be ok, and much more careful. Around here we are used to the triple digit temps, we had 14 days in a row over 100 and some of those over 110. We don't usually have the humidity you guys do though that raises the heat index. One thing, everyone pushes those drinks like Gatorade or Powerade,, remember,, there is NO substitute for plain old water, that is what the body needs, not a bunch of sugary drinks with high sodium in the heat.

Last edited:
Totally frightening. So glad your husband is well. And thank you for posting about this ... we need reminders to take serious care in the heat!

I'm just glad to hear he's OK... wow, that doesn't even seem a like a bad time to be working outside. I thought an early afternoon shift would be the most dangerous.

Back
Top Bottom